Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Help on association groups requested

erik.simonson

Question

This post is most likely because I have not understood something correctly. I appreciate any help.

My objective: I have two electrically separated lights that I want to turn on/off synchronized by the installed Aeon Multi Switches (one switch for each light).

Current state: I have an electrical correct installation and the Switches have been included succesfully in the Z-wave-network of my HC Lite. I can turn each light individually on/off using the traditional old fashion existing electrical wall-switch as well as through smartphone-interface of Fibaro.

My problem: I have tried to set up association groups for the purpose of synchronoizing the turn on/off between the two switches, however unfortunately without success. When I switch either light on/off on the HC Lite it turn on/off both switches synchronized. It is only when I change state on one of the old-fashion electrical wall-switches that only the local light is turned on/off. The other light does not change state.

On both switches I have set parameter 80 (1d) = 2. (And the status is correctly presented in HC Lite including when I change on/off by using the electrical wall-switch.)

The switches has id 7 and 8 and HC Lite has 1. Attached is one picture including a snapshot of my most recent configuration of the association groups (I have tried quite a few settings....).

Could someone enlighten me if you have had something similiar to work? what have I done wrong? what could be tried instead? I would appreciate any explanations as well.

Thank you for all possible assistance.

BR,

Erik

Please login or register to see this attachment.

4 answers to this question

I have the same setup with 2 fibaro dimmers.

One of the fibaro devices is downstairs. With the left switch I contol the light downstairs and with the right s2 switch I control the light upstairs. Only the downstairs light is wired to this fibaro device.

The only thing I did was to associate group 2 (is used for switch s2) with the fibaro device upstairs. I pressed the "Set Up" button and chose the device upstairs in the list.

Note: The ID returned is not equal to the device ID in the device view.

Don't forget to save. That's all.

I did the same thing for the device upstairs. S1 controls the upstairs light and S2 the downstairs light. This device is only wired to the upstairs light.

If I wanted to sync both devices by pressing button 1 then I had to use group 1 instead of group 2. I don't know which groups you have to use. I don't have the operation manual of your device.

• Inquirer
  • Thank you for the feedback, I certinaly appreciate it. Do you have the possibility to send the "association group" overview (corresponding to my first screen dump) for both of yours Fibaro switches? Should the HC Lite itself be included or not in the association groups? what is the difference between association group I and II?

I would figure that Fibaro devices are having a higher degree of compatibility with each other since they are from the same manufacturer.

Anyone else having success with Aeon Multi Switches? is there any other parameters that must be configured?

Thank you for the feedback, I certinaly appreciate it. Do you have the possibility to send the "association group" overview (corresponding to my first screen dump) for both of yours Fibaro switches? Should the HC Lite itself be included or not in the association groups? what is the difference between association group I and II?

Is this what you want?

• Inquirer
  • Yes, thank you very much! (I have not tried that, I will give it a try.)

Anyone else having success with Aeon Multi Switches? is there any other parameters that must be configured? anything else?

[ Added: 2015-01-12, 00:28 ]

The subject of this thread should altogether be related to "Aeon Micro Switch" (and nothing else, it was a typo)

Still, I am very keen to get any input on my questions above.

[ Added: 2015-01-12, 18:58 ]