Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

False triggers from two different smoke sensors

GR

Question

I have five Fibaro smoke sensors installed, two more ready for installation, but in the last month I have had three false triggers. Quite stressful getting these messages on my phone while away from the house, just to find that it is false detections. It has been on two different sensors/rooms.

I have no clue what triggers them...

5 answers to this question

Are these main powered with 12V? If yes then it could be that the wires are pushing sensor away from mounting and tamper swicht is on the edge. This can cause this false triggering. I have had such problems few times.

Lauri

• Inquirer
  • It's battery powered.

The crappy thing woke me up probably 5-6 times last night. Hate that this stuff that requires SO MUCH extra effort! And it reduces the WAF like crazy.

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_sad.gif" alt=":-(" />

On the positive side it was the first time I was home and able to see the sensor myself. I was sleeping two metres away from it, and can 100% confirm that there was no smoke/fire going on. The siren went off and the LED blinked red. For each time a false trigger I have tried a new setting, so it now has 1 (cancellation delay) set to 0, 80 (range test) set to 0, 82 (sensitivity) set to 3 (low) and 89 (tampering alarm) set to 0.

Seriously considering ordering a regular fire and burgular alarm system.

I have two FGSS001 Smoke Sensor EU V2.1 that I have had to return last year. (Both used in my setup for my summer house). Now lately 2 of my 11 FGSS001 at home have started to act up with the same symptoms. Strange ,they got installed before the ones at my summer house that I returned - and have been working fine until now. Btw no changes have been done to my house or the setup lately. (Still running HC2 w/3.6 - the V4 problems have turned me off - so no more money at Fibaro/z-wave until they prove them selves).

Are these main powered with 12V? If yes then it could be that the wires are pushing sensor away from mounting and tamper swicht is on the edge. This can cause this false triggering. I have had such problems few times.

Lauri

Are you seriously saying that HC2 can't differentiate a fire from a tamper alarm?

Are you seriously saying that HC2 can't differentiate a fire from a tamper alarm?

They are send over different association groups and therefore should not interfere.