Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Sunset and Sunrise does not trigger Scene anymore

Tan

Question

What the f**k is going on with that HCL!???

For some weeks now my sunset/sunrise scenes do not work anymore... after rebooting my HCL, the scenes get triggered one or two times and then stops working!

Lights on all the day! PERFECT...

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_sad.gif" alt=":-(" />

Any Ideas?

6 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • It worked for weeks and then stopped somedays... ?!

Yesterday, I have changed something in the scenes, changed back and saved again and today the trigger was fired correctly

/emoticons/default_icon_smile.gif" alt=":-)" />

Let's wait and see...

could you post screenshot how to use sunrise and sunset in the trigger on HCL.

I am looking into using them, but dont know how to.

I am explaining that in this video:

it is in slovak language, but if you look at what I am doing, you can learn that.

Basically, it is better if you use Variables for that. You make variable Daytime with values Day, Evening and Night.

Then you create 3 scenes, each of the will do the same thing with different times. The trigget is time of the week. You tick every day and then you choose sunrise as a time, when it should happen (dont worry about the time next to it). And you want this triger to change your variable Day Time to value DAY.

You do the same with sunset and variableevening and lets say at 23.00 you make system to change to variable Night.

Thats it. Now your Fibaro system knows, what time of day it is. When you create scenes now, you can use the variables. Lets say, you want your light to turn on after sunset when the motion is detected. So you create scene:

if the motion sensor is Breached

AND

the variables Daytime is Evening

THEN

turn the light on.

Watch the video, you will see that

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

But well, if the sunset and sunrise times works with HCL I am not sure, sometimes it is accurat, sometimes not. Maybe try to do it with exact time settings.

could you post screenshot how to use sunrise and sunset in the trigger on HCL.

I am looking into using them, but dont know how to.

I am explaining that in this video:

it is in slovak language, but if you look at what I am doing, you can learn that.

Basically, it is better if you use Variables for that. You make variable Daytime with values Day, Evening and Night.

Then you create 3 scenes, each of the will do the same thing with different times. The trigget is time of the week. You tick every day and then you choose sunrise as a time, when it should happen (dont worry about the time next to it). And you want this triger to change your variable Day Time to value DAY.

You do the same with sunset and variableevening and lets say at 23.00 you make system to change to variable Night.

Thats it. Now your Fibaro system knows, what time of day it is. When you create scenes now, you can use the variables. Lets say, you want your light to turn on after sunset when the motion is detected. So you create scene:

if the motion sensor is Breached

AND

the variables Daytime is Evening

THEN

turn the light on.

Watch the video, you will see that

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

But well, if the sunset and sunrise times works with HCL I am not sure, sometimes it is accurat, sometimes not. Maybe try to do it with exact time settings.

Thanks.

Okay, it works as i excpected, it was just confusing with the time next to Sunrise/Sunset.

The time selection should disaper when you select sunrise or sunset.

No problem when you now to just ignore then.

Hello,

I had the same problem 5 years later when scene that is using only timer with sunrise/sunset sometimes works and other times it does not. 

Honestly I don't see why it would work better if we add variable in the middle of solution. If there is a problem with starting/executing scene using sunrise/sunset -> it seems that it might also stop working to change the value of variable. 

Or maybe this is some particualr bug and when we pass sunrise/sunset trigger/information using variable it works better ?