Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Zwave device reset

TheGulOfDedra

Question

Hi,

I am currently testing my HCL. I bought two of the wall plugs from Fibaro but I also had 2 older ZWAVE plugs that were used on an older system that crashed (1 DÜWI and 1 TapHome).

Is there any way to connect them now to the HCL - they are still connected to the old system - but I am not able to delete them there as the old system is no longer working/existing.

Any idea welcome!

Thanks a lot,

Markus

4 answers to this question

Put your new HCL in exclusion mode and perform the exclusion procedure for the device (may be click, triple click, hold, special button, RTFM).

• Inquirer
  • Will give it a try when the HCL is back online. Having trouble as my backup failed and now the device is not coming back

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_sad.png" alt=":(" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks, regards

Markus

[ Added: 2015-02-01, 11:45 ]

Hi, thanks. Worked for the taphome one. The Düwi is not being recognized by the system. But i will continue Testing/Trying.

So one problem solved, one to go

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_smile.gif" alt=":-)" />

If the exclusion trick fails, the only option is the user manual. All sorts of reset procedures exists, some involve removing the battery, others require complex scenarios of tapping and holding buttons