Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Wireless Digital Lock and HC2

hansraj3735

Question

Hi,

I have got a Lockwood wireless digital deadbolt lock and want to control it from HC2. It comes with a network module and can be added on to any Zigbee or Z wave network.

When I add it onto HC2, it follows the normal device adding procedure and at the end it says;"device configuration finished". But once added, it doesnt have any options or controls addressed or assigned to the device.

It adds as an unknown device and has just on/off(which BTW dont work as well) options.

In the advanced control, at the end of the page, it does have option of adding parameters.

but i dont know anything about how to define parameters and how they work.

i want to add this wireless digital lock on HC2, and have atleast lock/unlock option available, if not more.

would anyone please help me by sharing their ideas or knowledge they have?

anything helpful would be much appreciated.

thanks.

5 answers to this question

Which software are you using?

This lock works fine on 4.032. You need to be aware of the "Beaming" signal requirements for locks. If the lock is located far from the HC2 you may have ongoing control/status feedback issues as well as configuration.

Also, be aware that a lot of lock products run through huge amounts of communication protocols in the background (identifying preset codes etc) so it can take a little while (up to 15 minutes) for the comms to stabilise after enrolment

• Inquirer
  • thanks JohnnyC,

I will try it again on HC2 when i get back....this might take few days...

At the moment I am playing around with HCL. would you have any info about using it on HCL.?

Guest Ferris42

Hi Guys,

I have 2 Lockwood wireless deadbolts now working fine in 4.033

They were a seeming problem in previous versions.

I did end up adding them finally with the HC@ in close proximity (under 1 meter) and unticking the add option " device is located far from the Home Center"

Then letting them fully finish their install before moving the HC2 away.

Since then they have been working perfectly.

Cheers