Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Power Consumption at home

TheGulOfDedra

Question

Hi,

I am thinking on how to meter the total power consumption at home.

There is the AEOTEC Solution that seems to now support real time reporting - but I have no clue what HC2 is doing with that device.

But there seems to be another one - I have colleque using S0 bus system all over his house. 

He was thinking is this is something that could work - I think not - but happy to hear your view.

The module Fibaro Universal Binary Sensor and this one 

Please login or register to see this link.

So use the devices S0 output (1000 impulses for 1 KWh) as input for the Fibaro Universal Binary Sensor - is that possible?

And if yes - how is this gonna be displayed in HC2 - maybe I need to calculate the impulses to KWh there - but what about history etc. maybe this is the problem.

If this is not working - what is the best way to get the power consumption of the whole house tracked and shown in the consumption statistics w/o having the Fibaro Powermeters at every wall plug. 

My plan is to only have some of them for the most consuming ones and one to track the whole house. With the difference I am able to see what is the Rest.

I am new to the Zwave and HC2 - so sorry for maybe stupid questions or missing knowledge.

Thanks for any Feedback or idea, regards

Markus

2 answers to this question

via my NTA8130 smart meter

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_smile.gif" alt=":-)" />

All houses in NL need to have one by 2017 I think.. The power/gas meter has a readable serial port and a strict defined protocol.. Easy peacy

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />