Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

FGD211 Melted

nullx8

Ive just bought one of these so its quite concerning people have had this problem. Has there been any response from Fibaro regarding this? Was there sufficient heat dissipation for the device? were they all mounted behind the wall face plates?

Ive just spent the last year busting a gut refurbing my house including putting all new electrics in, the last thing I want is damage to the cabling or my property after using one of these devices...

I got one of these FIB_FGD-211 mid of January. It was not working at all. I had to return it. Now I got a replacement and this FIB_FGD-211 works. But it gets warm. So when I read the headline of this thread I get scared.

How safe are these FIB_FGD-211?

thanks for your help

MIB 

• Topic Author
  • I got one of these FIB_FGD-211 mid of January. It was not working at all. I had to return it. Now I got a replacement and this FIB_FGD-211 works. But it gets warm. So when I read the headline of this thread I get scared.

How safe are these FIB_FGD-211?

thanks for your help

MIB 

one of the two i had issues with was always "warm" since day one ... it worked for over 1 year before melting down.

i got a mail from fibaro (about 1 week later) .. for RMA .. have to pay the shipments .. so its cheaper to simply get a new/other one .. 

thanks for the answer

Please login or register to see this link.

I build a new house right now. So I do not know if I reall want to use them.

MIB

thanks for the answer

I build a new house right now. So I do not know if I reall want to use them.

MIB

The same here.  Some info or guidelines for faultless use from Fibaro would be nice.

I need 10 more of these devices, but I don't want to increase the chance of my nice newly refurbed house burning down by 10!

• 1 month later...
    Guest bozman

Wall plug is banned in Sweden.

Dimmer is banned in Sweden.

There is/was samething in Norway... Not sure how it is now...

Latest info is new release is q3-q4 2015 and they been banned for 1 year (wallplug) 6 month (dimmer), Fibaro will not answer on questions regarding this!

Is there a solution? What if we use those old iron core transformers instead of the new electronic transformers?

And one more thing, what is we change fibaro dimmer with qubino dimmer? Have anybody used the second one and please share the results? I've read somewhere that it is not starting the dimming proces very well. Like it flickers at first and then continius smoothly? 

Any ideas are welcome since i have a project that 13 DALI dimmable transformers are about to be installed with LED strips and it will be not nice at all not to sleep at night thinking about the house...

• 2 months later...

Is there a solution? What if we use those old iron core transformers instead of the new electronic transformers?

And one more thing, what is we change fibaro dimmer with qubino dimmer? Have anybody used the second one and please share the results? I've read somewhere that it is not starting the dimming proces very well. Like it flickers at first and then continius smoothly? 

Any ideas are welcome since i have a project that 13 DALI dimmable transformers are about to be installed with LED strips and it will be not nice at all not to sleep at night thinking about the house...

According to the

the Qubino Dimmer works but the temperature sensor does not currently show up as its own device in HC v4.x

The Quibino devices seem to have gotten a glowing review in the blog post too - 

Hi Guys,

Read this late last night and thought I would add my three penneth......

I've only ever had x1 Fibaro Dimmer unit and I very quickly sent it back for a Qubino (I was one of the people testing for Vesternet). Basically my house only has LED's, with the odd CFL thrown in. The Fibaro Dimmer 'buzzed' (and flickered at low levels) like hell controlling x6 bulbs in series with a total of 36W (there's a post on it somewhere) and the only suggestions were spend more money and buy a 'bypass' but I didn't think that a good suggestion....something either works or it doesn't. People tried to say it was the bulbs not being 'supported' but (as I have a lot of equipment) I tested them and they worked fine in Popp Dimmer units without issue and no buzzing/flickering. Not only this but I noticed that the dimmer didn't turn Off properly i.e. I would turn off dimmer but bulbs would stay 'On' very very dimmed (i.e. you could only tell at night that they were still on. Why, I have no clue.

So, I changed it over for a Qubino Dimmer and haven't looked back.....it works perfectly. No buzzing, no flickering and works properly in 3.6 and v4. I've not tested it with a temp sensor (no room in my install) but I do have a Qubino dual relay with temp sensor (pocket type) and that works 100% too. This, and the fact that, I've seen at least 4-6 mentions of melting dimmers over the last year would, personally, make me stay away from them. Whereas the Fibaro dual relays work fine in comparison. Though, again, would still choose Qubino now due to extra things like temp sensor addition.

Thus far, I agree with vesternet.

HTH

Dave

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_biggrin.gif" alt=":-D" />

Guest fat

I would love to put Qubino products in my house as all of my lights are LED. The problem I hve is that Qubino still don't have any product available to people in Australia