Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Z-Wave.Me KeyFob not working

m-joy

Question

Hello,

i am not able to include the Keyfob in fibaro.

I hold all 4 buttons on the remote until the green LED blinks slow. Then i press include in fibaro, and then i hit the button 1 on the remote.

Message tells me Something with learning error.

I already did that a hundret of time. Also i always have to delete the device, before it is detected again, even so i can not see it anywhere.

Now i insert a new battery.

Finally the device seemed to be includede. I needed to wake up the device 3 times until it was finished.

Now i added the parameters and did the wake up again. After that, the parameters seemed to be gone in fibaro. Is that normal? I can not see the added parameters anymore....

When testing the key in scene, nothing really worked out. So i removed the device again and tried to reinclude. But i am stuck again in the beginning where i can not add the device. Always some learning error....

5 answers to this question

Hello,

i am not able to include the Keyfob in fibaro.

There's a report in the Bug Tracker related to previous HC2 firmware's.

Please login or register to see this link.

- you may want to add your experience to this issue for the "benefit of all" 

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

Short summary... property "sceneActivation" doesn't seem to be there and it's not clear to me if this is a HC2 issue or a lack of understanding of the correct procedure to add the Z-wave.me keyfob. I don't have one, I'm sorry I can't help... 

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_cry.gif" alt=":cry:" />

• Inquirer
  • Hello,

i thought this was fixed in 4.033 :

#0002234: sceneActivation doesn't trigger with Zwave.me KeyFob in 4.022

My problem kind of splits into two problems: First, it is very hard (only worked once of ~30 attemps) to include the remote, and then when it was included, it did not work corretly.... I am on the newest version 4.035

My problem kind of splits into two problems: First, it is very hard (only worked once of ~30 attemps) to include the remote, and then when it was included, it did not work corretly.... I am on the newest version 4.035

In my archives I've found this information... Does this help?

Regarding Z-Wave.Me Key Fob by shadowshaker: "You were right the key fob wasn't in the right mode. I set parameters 11, 12, 13, 14 to value 4 in HC2 for this device. Then saved the record. Then went into management mode on the key fob by pressing all four buttons for 5 seconds until the green light slowly flashed, then pressed button 2. HC2 then saw the device wake up and receive the parameter changes. And now the HC2 recognises the button presses. I then incorporated that into a scene and successfully operated other devices from the key fob."

• Inquirer
  • Hello,

thank you. yes i did the wakeup procedure after setting the parameters and they seemed to be transfered. But the strange thing is, the parameters were not visible after saving in fibaro anymore. I do not know where they are gone to ^^ 

I thought maybe i entered the wrong parameters and so i deleted the device again. Now i can not include it anymore..... I have 2 of the remotes, problem is with both. One remote could not be included even once...

Also i am confused by the part marking. I bought the Device with label "ZME_KFOB-S". The received package says it is a "ZME_KFOB2" and the device is labeld with "ZME_KFOB" lol.... I do not know what this is now...

Hello,

thank you. yes i did the wakeup procedure after setting the parameters and they seemed to be transfered. But the strange thing is, the parameters were not visible after saving in fibaro anymore. I do not know where they are gone to ^^ 

I thought maybe i entered the wrong parameters and so i deleted the device again. Now i can not include it anymore..... I have 2 of the remotes, problem is with both. One remote could not be included even once...

Also i am confused by the part marking. I bought the Device with label "ZME_KFOB-S". The received package says it is a "ZME_KFOB2" and the device is labeld with "ZME_KFOB" lol.... I do not know what this is now...

Exclude and reninclude near your hc2 (less than 1 meter). It should work. Keyfobs and wall switches are working but it's a bit painful. See my comments in the thread on 4.035