Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

How they do that ?

noor

Question

Hello everybody..

In promotion of Fibaro , i saw that the push notification open the Fibaro App even it is closed ! 

The question is how to receive a notification or alert to my smartphone and it  appears even my Fibaro App is closed or not in background ? eg. this attachment picture in Smoke sensor video

Please login or register to see this link.

Thanks in advance  :->

Please login or register to see this attachment.

12 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • thanks Deanrparry, That means i should open Fibaro app to see if there was any alert or notification?

Not sure about the push notification to ipad we have one wall mounted but never use push on it! Cannot comment any further on the matter... someone from fibaro already spoke about this in another thread... cannot recall where but SO THEY SAY they have test versions etc... who knows!

But the functionality he mentions does not exist! Push notification then open a fancy screen on iPad! i am fully aware of the IOS built in capabilities.

• Inquirer
  • i have two smartphone Samsung S4 and iphone , and when there is  alarm notification such as open the door when the door/window sensor was armed , idon't know that until i open the Fibaro app and then it begin to beeeb..beeeb (alarm ), the app should open itself and begin to alarm me ,how can i do that ?

You cannot

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> not with built in functionality anyway... you would need to use a third party app like tasker! This has been requested before and i think it something that should have been implemented anyway from day 1!

The tech must exist somewhere, they wouldn't just make something up to boost sales now would they... ( fibaro motion sensors outdoors & counting functionality .. I'm looking at you ! )

Then again, they aren't Robinson Crusoe, "vaporware" has become part of the standard English dictionary these days ..

I get a notification any time the door sensors are breached to my iphone app (and I don't have to open the app). What I can't figure out though is how to only get a notification when the alarm is breached when armed. I don't want a notification when I'm at home and the alarm is turned off. anyone know if that's possible?

/Fredrik

I get a notification any time the door sensors are breached to my iphone app (and I don't have to open the app). What I can't figure out though is how to only get a notification when the alarm is breached when armed. I don't want a notification when I'm at home and the alarm is turned off. anyone know if that's possible?

/Fredrik

Frejoh,

In a blockscene you can set the condition for your notification to  8 different conditions in the dropdownlist: 1) Armed 2) disarmed 3) breached 4) breached and disarmed 5) breached and armed 6) safe 7) safe and armed 8) safe and disarmed.

So for you choice nr 5 would be the one to choose...