Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

If Temperature > 25c then PlugOn, if temp < 23 PlugOff

drei413

Question

Greetings! A bit of newbie question with what I think should be a simple scene on HCL (NO LUA or magic scene).

Purpose: use exhaust fan (plug1) to control temperature range (T1 - temperature sensor) in a room (23-25c range for example)

I am trying to use the block building interface in the HCL but no indepth manual and most examples I find on google are not in English.

I have some ideas but mainly when a temperature limit is reached then a plug is actuated for a set period of time (say a 5 minutes) and then it either runs for that period of time and stops or checks for lower range limit having been reached? Am I making this too complicated? Sorry not much explanations in manuals on how to set up. Thanks!! I composed a screenshot of my scene (or do I need 2 - for on and off?)

Many thanks!

PS pointing to a learning resource for simple scenes in HCL would help (English non Lua plz))

Please login or register to see this attachment.

3 answers to this question

Guest fat

I am looking at something similar but have a HC2 and can use Lua. So if it can't be done with blocks I will have to search how to write Lua

You need a separate on and off command...the seconds after the action refer to the delay in completing the action.

sorry i dont know how to post a picture here but i use this exact thing u use i have two  block scripts first one is

Shed - Fan - ON

Shed-Rack-Temp > 29 

then

Shed-Fan = ON

and then i have an opposite 

to turn off this is how i cool my equipment works a treat never missed a beet hope this helps