Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

FGMS 001 Fibaro motion sensor Battery level

bruuts

Question

Hi,

I'm using the Fibaro motion sensor with my Domoticz installation.

After 9 months the motion sensor gives me the signal that the battery is empty in Domoticz.

One week before that is looked at the actual level and it reported 100%...

A college of me has the Fibaro Home Control 2. He has 3 fibaro motion sensors and some smoke detectors. All placed at the same time 6 months ago.

When he looks at the levels of the motion sensors they are all full...

The smoke detectors give levels between 40% and 50% so ther is actually some draining as aspected.

My conclusion is that the Fibaro motion sensor does not give the actual battery level.

Are there other poeple who have noticed this?

4 answers to this question

I have experienced this sometimes.. not consistent though. Have had no issues with battery levels and then suddenly they drop. Take the battery out and check with the meter and it still shows full. Put it back in the module and it carries on as nothing has happened. I did have an issue when I purchased 2 extra Fibaro Motion detectors and the batteries that came with it died within 3 days. After informing the retailer, they sent me new batteries and these have been running for almost 8-9 months now without any issues.

I have 5 motion sensors (US version 2.7) that have all read 100% battery life since being installed almost 10 months ago.

Anybody find any solutions to these devices not reporting battery levels?

I have 5-6xFGMS001 and 1xFGMS001v2 which are reporting battery levels periodically.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Occasionally, I run a scene to check batt levels for all battery-powered devices too.

Example:

Please login or register to see this code.