Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Popp_123665 switches DO work in v4...but consumption doesn't

dw89

Question

Hi All,

I did the same with POP_123665 switches (I have two; one for Fridge and one for Freezer) and, like TKB88E (which definitely doesn't work) these didn't either (i.e. no energy reporting).

I did a backup and then did a soft-reconfigure and, like TKB, got three children. I set first two parameters to 1 and 10 to see if it brought back readings and it does! Also, all children work. So, just so hope that helps anyone know what to do. Only annoying thing...again, is that both W and kWh have been moved to first child [Voltage again] and not on master binary switch.

Only question is what are the other children? Unlike the TKB there's no notations? First is obviously Voltage but what are second and third? Current perhaps for second i.e. [A]? I don't know. Any help on this Fibaro please.

KR, Dave:)

PS I will temper this with the fact that current wattage (W) is 100% working (and Total kWh seems to be too) but the last two children just have figures, which aren't currently showing update....so time will tell and I will report back!

PPS Update....the three children are the same as TKB's i.e. 1] Voltage 2] Amps 3] Power Factor. ONLY problem is, again, the location of the W/kWh reporting (on Voltage child). It shows up in energy panel but, in iOS (iPad) it only shows voltage and NO 'consumption' values at all (w and kWh) like it used to on the master. And the master binary switch shows 'Consumption=0'. Either Fibaro need to put consumption on the Voltage child and remove 'Consumption' from Master OR put it back on Master in first place. Apart from that this switch works well.

PPPS Finally, in voltage child (as you can only get from here) to get Voltage you need to use 'value' property in lua, if you want Watts, you need to use 'power' property in lua and for total Wattage over time you need to use 'energy' property in Lua. Hope that helps

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_biggrin.gif" alt=":-D" />

Edited by dw89

3 answers to this question

I have been told that the TKB and Popp are pretty much identical made in the same place.. so not a surprise.... though, I have got 3 Popp sockets and they haven;t split into 4 yet like the TKB did.. the 4 are still 1 device only..

• Inquirer
  • Are the Popp ones youre on about the same model though Raj? The x2 I have are the energy meter version sold from last summer (ie new then).

I can confirm these work....tkb doesnt!

Are the Popp ones youre on about the same model though Raj? The x2 I have are the energy meter version sold from last summer (ie new then).

I can confirm these work....tkb doesnt!

Ahh.. ok.. mine are the dimmer type and don't do metering..