Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Qubino Dimmer showing up as On/Off switch

alge

Question

Hi guys!

TL;DR: Some Qubino dimmers have apparently been mis-programmed as On/Off-switches and need to be replaced.

I recently bought 4 Qubino dimmers (based on the not-so-stellar impression of the Fibaro dimmers). 3 of them worked well, but the 4th one showed up as an On/Off-switch when I connected it to the network. This was using a HC2, and I had just had "fun" upgrading from 3.6 to 4.x, so mentally I have to admit I was blaming Fibaro for this. No amount of re-inclusion or re-configuring appeared to work though: It always showed up as an unnamed On/Off-switch. Finally I sent an email to Qubino support, asking for debug help, and they told me to return the module to the dealer. When I contacted the dealer they told me that this was a known problem: Qubino had programmed some of the Dimmer modules as On/Off-switches. They told me to send it back.

I don't know whether this is indeed mis-programmed from Qubino's side. I just wanted to share this with the forum since I've been searching for a post with this type of error without finding one.

Symptoms: The HC2 device shows the current state of the push-button connected to the dimmer. It does not turn on the connected light (at least not enough that I could see it).

I really hope the replacement unit behaves...

Other than that, some experience:

- Dimmers work very well on all the LED and halogen lights I've tested them on. No flickering or anything like that.

- Temp sensor reported temperature in the 3.6 HC2 on the status line, does not seem to report as a temperature sensor at all in 4.x HC2.

- Dimmer module generates a little bit of heat, so having a temp sensor live right next to the dimmer module in a cramped space will make it report a bit higher (~2 degrees C in my case) temperature than the ambient temperature. I had the dimmer module and the sensor live behind a

Please login or register to see this link.

. I guess I'll have to separate them better.

4 answers to this question

Would it be possible to share the exact Qubino part number and the firmware version?

I believe Qubino has a few variants of dimmer and firmware version may differ, dependent on the batch and region-frequency. Having the above information does help the rest of us at varies part of the world identify and relate to the issue.

• Inquirer
  • P/N: zmnhda2 - same as my working dimmers, I think. I didn't know how to read the firmware version and the module has been returned now, sorry.

P/N: zmnhda2 - same as my working dimmers, I think. I didn't know how to read the firmware version and the module has been returned now, sorry.

Good info for us to reference. Appreciate the effort.