Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Configuration of Vision Security - ZM1601 Siren

chaicka

Question

I have installed a Vision ZM1601 Wireless Siren and included into HC2 running 4.048.

The device is not recognize as having device template (nor able to generate one). In the 'Advanced' tab of the device configuration, what should the 'Controlled Device' configure as?

I am unable to use this device in 'Alarm Panel' as it does not shows up in any of the scena selection - Panic, Lights On, Blinds Close, Emergency Lights, Send Screens, Send Notifications. What I would like to do is whenever there is a breach on entry after armed, the siren should be triggered after x seconds and notification (push and email) send out to us.

How can I achieve this setup?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

5 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • How about adding custom scene to alarm panel?

Do you mean create customized security scene and add the scene into alarm panel?

I thought I saw Fibaro marketing materials (e.g. video clip) where siren goes off when there is fire, running emergency lights down the stairway and a series of other scenes/actions? Hence, I am under the impression support for siren can be easily done with existing function such as the Fibaro alarm panel.

Guess I better re-assess how to build up a proper security infra and flow of actions.

I have tried to set the 'Controlled Device' as 'Alarm - Breach' and it disappeared from the devices page. Had to go hunt for it under hidden devices.

In the meanwhile, can you advice what is the correct 'Controlled Device' type to select? Other device? Lighting?

Alarm-Breach is designed to work with Modular Alarm. You should go for 'other device' but it does not affect operation.

When it comes to fire, the smoke detectors are not part of Fibaro Alarm (it is anti-burglar system) and you should make some scenes to implement such scenarios.

• Inquirer
  • Alarm-Breach is designed to work with Modular Alarm. You should go for 'other device' but it does not affect operation.

When it comes to fire, the smoke detectors are not part of Fibaro Alarm (it is anti-burglar system) and you should make some scenes to implement such scenarios.

Vision ZM1601 Wireless Siren is not a smoke detector. It is a pure z-wave siren device, similar to Aeon Labs Siren.

Vision ZM1601 Wireless Siren is not a smoke detector. It is a pure z-wave siren device, similar to Aeon Labs Siren.

I know, but you mentioned you want to trigger it basing on smoke alarm - and therefore I mentioned that it can't be used that way with Fibaro Alarm, since smoke sensor is not part of that panel.