Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro door/window sensor configured as not battery operated

ortegaga

Hi,

last week I installed an unused Fibaro door/windows sensor v2.1 I had lying around (still packed). It's added with a DS18B20 temperature sensor. My controller is a HC2 with firmware 3.590, and has 3 more sensors installed (same version 2.1 and with DS18B20) since 2013 (all 4 bought together)

After a couple of include/exclude procedures, I managed to get it "working", at least getting temperature and showing breach/safe state. I can also arm and disarm the sensor. But there is not battery status icon and I can't change any of the parameters of the template (for instance, change parameter 2 from ON to OFF). If I try it, I get a "transfer failed" error.

If I click on the wrench icon, on the Advanced tab, the only different configuration from other sensors is that the "Wake up interval (s)" and the "Notify when battery low via e-mail" parameters are missing (see attached images for comparison).

Accesing the JSON through the API (

Please login or register to see this link.

) I can see that there's a parameter called "isBatteryOperated" with the value "0", but all other door sensors have value "1".

I've also tried resetting the sensor with no success

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Please login or register to see this attachment.