Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

TV ON scene by using IR, feedback by power consumption ?

Guest samuelboerhoop

Question

Guest samuelboerhoop

I am using a IP2IR from itach. where i can program several buttons within a VD. So also the Power on/off from my TV. (standby and on) the disadvantage of IR is no feedback. So eventually the IR doesn't know if the TV is on or off. 

And i am using the qubino Flush 1D Relay to switch on/off my AV equipment, including TV, apple TV, cable decoder, etc..

I programmed a couple of scene's like : "Watch TV" ,and "Watch a Movie"

By both scene's with lua blocks I turned on the TV and set the lights, and the input of the Amplifier, etc...

When i swap over to "Watch a movie" it will switch off my TV again. as it sents a IR code to turn on the TV, which is also the same code for turning off the TV.

Now i was thinking, what if i make a scene where the Flush 1D relay module can measure what power consumption it has to be able to set the state of the TV i= on or standby...

But within the parameters of the Flush 1D relay module there you can only add a "declared power consumption" which in my case isn't set, because i switch on the TV or the apple TV and my power consumption will go up or down.

Is there another way to measure if my TV is on or standby. so that my scene knows when the TV is on ? Or do I have to use another fibaro module to measure the power consumption ?

Using a HC2 from Fibaro

Hope to hear from you

5 answers to this question

Guest samuelboerhoop
  • Inquirer
  • Let me explain a bit more. My relay module is set to 250W (declared power consumption in parameters) set value! The relay module powers the TV, appetv and other appliances on.

This is my scene, to see if my TV in ON or OFF 

--[[
    %% properties
    125 power
    %% globals
    --]]

local startSource = fibaro:getSourceTrigger();
    if (
     ( tonumber(fibaro:getValue(125, "power")) < 100 )
    or
    startSource["type"] == "other"
    )
    then
    setTimeout(function()
    fibaro:call(93, "pressButton", "22");
    end, 9000)
    end

-----
    if the "power" consumption of the relay is smaller then 100W then sent a IR command to turn on the TV (from standby mode)  

This is not working because the unit knows only 2 power consumption states 0W or 250W
    and smaller then 100W is considered relay module off (meaning TV total powerless)

How can this be written in lua code, so that its able to measure the power consumption?

Guest vipernor
  • Inquirer
  • I am not sure if I understood your issue but, discrete Power On button and discrete Power Off button instead of toggle on/off for the IR blaster might solve our problem. 

Guest samuelboerhoop
  • Inquirer
  • But a button for Power on and Power off with the IR Blaster has the same code for my TV, any other solutions ?

Look for codes on-line, not only read them from remote - sometimes there are move working codes available than remote sends, on/off among them.

Guest samuelboerhoop
  • Inquirer
  • solved, i used a wallplug from fibaro on my tv dressoir to be able to measure power wattage, so i can determine if the tv was on or off