Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Greenwave PowerNode 5

morpheus75

Question

Hello

I have one of these and i am trying to include into HC2.  When i do i get a 'box' icon and 4 switch icons instead of the 5 switch icons.

but only 3 sockets are being controlled?

device ID 211 is box carton

211.0   controls socket 1

211.1   controls socket 1

211.2   controls socket 2

211.3   controls socket 3

no icons or control for sockets 4 and 5

thanks

Same issue here. Vesternet list this as fully compatible with HC2 4.x but I've just added this and getting what appears to be the same as above (I'm using HC2 4.056) and other users in the forum. I cannot see any response from Fibaro on this so any help would be appreciated.

Could you give me exact version of the device? It is possible that we have templates for different revisions.

As I can see we have a template for this firmware version but probably product ID has been changed and because of that HC2 do not use it.

Please download the device template and send it to [email protected]

Regards,
M. Roszak

Hello Fibaro, 

Any update on this? Emailing support has proven as pointless as it always is so checking what the situation is with getting this working on here?

Thanks

There are some improvements coming in new version regarding templates and overall compatibility of 3rd party devices. It will be out in a few weeks at most.

Thanks for the response, its certainly disappointingly poor that it takes so long to update your compatibility for 3rd party kit. Especially as I was once told by your sales director almost 3 years ago you were about to reach 100% z-wave device compatibility?? This obviously was BS! I hope these 'improvements' you mention will help speed things up whenever existing devices update firmware etc.. or new hardware appears.. as its clear from reading the forums and my own attempts Fibaro is just ignoring our attempts to send templates for updating.

From a consumer perspective, and after taking a quick glance at the templates, it just feels like how hard can it be to just quickly add something like this? Why should it take so long?

I can see a few people have bought devices like this under the impression they were compatible and having to wait months with little to no change.

And after all this time there's STILL not a official device compatibility matrix and roadmap that i can find from Fibaro that your customers were asking you for more than 3 years ago...

Not yet, more money wasted on stuff that was supposed to work but doesn't....

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_sad.png" alt=":(" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Not yet, more money wasted on stuff that was supposed to work but doesn't....

/emoticons/default_sad.png" alt=":(" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This device is one of few that works without any issues for me. Although it was added all the way back at 3,56.

Have you tried re including the device?

Yes, from what's being suggested above, there may have a newer model (product ID or firmware?). Hard to know as Fibaro are not responding to support emails (again) so even though templates have been sent nobody has specifically confirmed this, just a suggestion and I guess we have to wait a few weeks/months/years.

• Inquirer
  • i had an issue with the latest update so just completed a factory restore. mine went back to 3.56 and i read that the powernode 5 included ok in this firmware so i just included this device first and all 5 sockets work perfectly now.

i am now doing the update to the latest 4.056 so lets see if the powernode continues to work.....

Interesting, would be good to know how you get on morpheus?

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

• Inquirer
  • Success!!!!

HC2 is now on latest firmware of 4.056 and the greenwave powernode 5 is working perfectly with all 5 sockets independently being controlled and energy reporting.

So thanks to Joacim i gave it a go and it worked for me....

i know its not a practical solution but as i needed to reset my system i used the oportunity to :

1. reset in recovery mode and factory restore

2. add greenwave socket

3. then update to latest

4. ...the longer part to add the rest of my devices

5. .... and programme it all

To me that suggests the problem isn't templates, firmware or product ID's. Just the current versions of HC2 getting it wrong?

I can't even bare to reset after the amount of issues I had during upgrades with devices going missing, needing re-adding etc...

So can we have some new feedback Fibaro please on what's going on?

Success!!!!

HC2 is now on latest firmware of 4.056 and the greenwave powernode 5 is working perfectly with all 5 sockets independently being controlled and energy reporting.

So thanks to Joacim i gave it a go and it worked for me....

i know its not a practical solution but as i needed to reset my system i used the oportunity to :

1. reset in recovery mode and factory restore

2. add greenwave socket

3. then update to latest

4. ...the longer part to add the rest of my devices

5. .... and programme it all

Great solution

/emoticons/default_sad.png" alt=":(" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> proves it did work then got broken i guess!

There are some improvements coming in new version regarding templates and overall compatibility of 3rd party devices. It will be out in a few weeks at most.

any update on this release i have 2 x greenwave 5 node extensions sat collecting dust

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> and also a few aeon labs 6 multisensor sat looking at my HC2 begging for a relationship!