Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Aeon Labs - Zw100 "multisensor6

donangelo

Question

Hello

Does the new sensor Aeon Labs - Zw100 "multisensor6" work on HC2? I Need a motion sensor for outdoor use, that works fine with HC2

Thank you in Advance

Angelo

Been in contact with Aeotec about green led... They have amazing customer support! Amazing response times... And they talk about fixes you like and there own personal tweaks etc...

Great company! So impressed

Been in contact with Aeotec about green led... They have amazing customer support! Amazing response times... And they talk about fixes you like and there own personal tweaks etc...

Great company! So impressed

Definitely agrees on the support from Aeotec. And their willingness to work with other vendors to fix issue raised.

Hello , Everyone 

I'm using  Multisensor 6 ZW-100-A ,Ver.1.4 with HC2 ver.4.070

I have problems with time interval of sending the report to the controller.

Device send reports 1 time per hour and changing the time of reports sending doesn't give any results. 

I'm interested to monitor the moisture in the bath room and control the ventilator according moisture value.

i have put moisture value change threshold  2 % -par.42

par 101-report for group 1 -all type of reports, also tries to put only humidity or only temperature reports.

Par.111 time of sending report for group 1- i have tried to use different values , like 60sec,300,3000.

The result is the same.  1 time/per hour.

Does the problem with my sensor ? or it is the common problem ? 

Battery-powered?

If it is battery operated, the behaviour as observed by Bazel27 is as observed by several users. The solution is to set the wake up interval to the reporting interval you intend. The parameters mentioned only work for usb mode. To change mode, you hav to exclude and include the device. Firmware 1.4 is not the latest, that is 1.6. But it does not change the observed behavior. To update the firmware, you need a windows PC and a Z-Wave stick.

Battery-powered?

Yes , it is battery powered. 

If it is battery operated, the behaviour as observed by Bazel27 is as observed by several users. The solution is to set the wake up interval to the reporting interval you intend. The parameters mentioned only work for usb mode. To change mode, you hav to exclude and include the device. Firmware 1.4 is not the latest, that is 1.6. But it does not change the observed behavior. To update the firmware, you need a windows PC and a Z-Wave stick.

As i understand you right, i should set up ,, wake up interval,, for example for 600 sec instead of trying to set 600 sec to par.111.  Can you explain how the reports will work , if humidity/moisture/lux values physically doesn't changes in the room , does it anyway will send the report every 600 sec wit the same values , or device will compare values with humidity/temperature/Lux threshold values and after that decide, what type of values should be send.

I'm afraid that too short wake up interval will kill the battery in a few weeks. 

Anyway i will try to do it today. Thank you !

Yesterday I have change the wake up value and set 600 sec.

Now i have the situation that sensor is ignoring threshold value for each type of data.

On my set up it was 0,5 C threshold for temperature and 3 % for humidity. 

But in real when temperature changes for  0,1 C or humidity changes for 1% , report will be sent each 10 minutes.

Anybody have any idea ?

Very strange that when i use Gen 5 Multisensor on battery mode  it works really great.

May be precision was not so great but it was totally ok for me. All value thresholds and time delays for reports works perfectly.

Battery lifetime was about 1 year and that was also ok.

Yesterday I have change the wake up value and set 600 sec.

Now i have the situation that sensor is ignoring threshold value for each type of data. (...)

Like I said in my previous post, but in a possibly confusing way, the parameters are ignored when running on batteries. That means, the HC2 gets *accurate* data from the sensor at each wake up (interval). Accurate, with respect to its internal sampling rate, which is different for each internal sensor. But if remember well, it samples at least once per minute, and the wake up interval is >= 4 minutes, so I would call the data "accurate". If you want the hole story, I have to look it up.

Battery lifetime depends on many factors, I only get 4-6 months on my MultiSensor (I have several of them). Don't know about my "MultiSensor Gen5" yet, I forgot to note the date when I put in the last set of batteries.

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_sad.gif" alt=":-(" />

Battery life of MultiSensor 6 with 600 seconds interval could be OK (6-12) months, I did some measurements on previous versions of the HC2. It can be good, because the HC2 puts the device to sleep after it got all the sensor values. Judging from reports on the forum and by my own observation, I think somethings wrong with 4.070 and 4.071 (at least). I think it is plausible that the device sometimes stays awake to long, draining your battery. I tried with 240 seconds and only one battery and it lasted less than a week. Extrapolating that to your interval, I's expect 5-10 weeks. I now use rechargeable batteries, so I don't really mind.

Like I said in my previous post, but in a possibly confusing way, the parameters are ignored when running on batteries. That means, the HC2 gets *accurate* data from the sensor at each wake up (interval). Accurate, with respect to its internal sampling rate, which is different for each internal sensor. But if remember well, it samples at least once per minute, and the wake up interval is >= 4 minutes, so I would call the data "accurate". If you want the hole story, I have to look it up.

Battery lifetime depends on many factors, I only get 4-6 months on my MultiSensor (I have several of them). Don't know about my "MultiSensor Gen5" yet, I forgot to note the date when I put in the last set of batteries.

/emoticons/default_icon_sad.gif" alt=":-(" />

Battery life of MultiSensor 6 with 600 seconds interval could be OK (6-12) months, I did some measurements on previous versions of the HC2. It can be good, because the HC2 puts the device to sleep after it got all the sensor values. Judging from reports on the forum and by my own observation, I think somethings wrong with 4.070 and 4.071 (at least). I think it is plausible that the device sometimes stays awake to long, draining your battery. I tried with 240 seconds and only one battery and it lasted less than a week. Extrapolating that to your interval, I's expect 5-10 weeks. I now use rechargeable batteries, so I don't really mind.

Thank you for the detailed answer. How do you think, this parameters that are worked now in usb mode , will be supported in battery mode also in the future?  

It is integration problem with HC2 or Aeotec engineers developed those setting for working only on usb ?

petergebruers - the best way to operate this device is to use unsolicited reports, you can configure them (reports intervals etc) in advanced parameters.

WakeUp interval should be as high as possible (6h or more), there is no need for a gateway to poll sensors values - it reports them by itself without sending "Wake Up Notificaton" frame to a gateway.
This way device will wake up for a less than 1s and go to sleep automatically, HC2 won't even try to poll sensors values without seeing "Wake Up Notificaton" frame from device.

Setting low Wake Up interval will force a gateway to poll all sensors data every time devices wakes up -> this will eat up the battery real quick.

PS This applies to every battery operated device.

petergebruers - the best way to operate this device is to use unsolicited reports, you can configure them (reports intervals etc) in advanced parameters.

WakeUp interval should be as high as possible (6h or more), there is no need for a gateway to poll sensors values - it reports them by itself without sending "Wake Up Notificaton" frame to a gateway.

This way device will wake up for a less than 1s and go to sleep automatically, HC2 won't even try to poll sensors values without seeing "Wake Up Notificaton" frame from device.

Setting low Wake Up interval will force a gateway to poll all sensors data every time devices wakes up -> this will eat up the battery real quick.

As far as I know, and I have one of these devices, that doesn't work as expected on a MultiSensor6, though I understand it should be the general guideline for all devices. When battery-operated, the device gets updated once per hour, i.e. 3600 sec (the wake up interval), no matter what you put in the parameters. If you want more frequent reports, the only workarounds that I know of are: exclude & include USB powered or lower the wake up interval.

When running on USB, the parameters work, but the *limit* the amount reports. If it's on USB, setting p111 to 600 will get you updates every 10 minutes. And if I remember well, setting p43 to 100 lux wil send a report every 10 minutes, but only if the delta is 100 lux.

So the parameter do not work like they did in the previous MultiSensor, nor do they work like the FGMS parameters.

I have to admit, I have tested this some months ago but it was confirmed by another user (wienog). And because Bazel27 reported a few posts back that the "Device send reports 1 time per hour", I think nothing has changed.

In fact, I am rather certain that it is a device issue, it was tested and confirmed an a RaZberry...

If I am right, you might conclude that device is not a good performer if battery operated. But it will perform as expected if you included it running on USB.

It would be nice if someone could prove me wrong, it would be nice this device could report like a FGMS (without the p40 bug).

Yeah, It is very convenient way to set up this device like you mentioned before , but in my case, report interval work only on usb mode.

On battery mode i have reports 1 time per hour and it is all the same what time intervals i will set. As i understand many users have the same problem and the only way to improve the situation now is to manage the wake up interval.

May be you know the better way ?  

There is no better way, probably AEON decided to override desired time intervals to minimum 1h when battery operated to gain more battery life -> In my opinion that is wrong approach, I think that it should be up to user to decide how device should operate. Also this kind of implementation should not get a ZW+ certification - but this is only my opinion on that matter. 

There is no better way, probably AEON decided to override desired time intervals to minimum 1h when battery operated to gain more battery life -> In my opinion that is wrong approach, I think that it should be up to user to decide how device should operate. Also this kind of implementation should not get a ZW+ certification - but this is only my opinion on that matter.

I agree. It would make life easier if they would *at least* provide clear documentation. Alas, in my personal opinion, the latest engineering specs are still clear as mud. Luckily, I enjoy toying with devices, possible taking them apart too. I can say, in that respect, the MultiSensor 6 brought me a lot of joy!

/emoticons/default_icon_biggrin.gif" alt=":-D" />

Interesting observations after testing the new batch of MS6 I have bought.

Peter, I am now quite certain that your hunch was right. There is definitely hardware difference between the various batch of MS6 produced and sold.

01 x Aeotec MultiSensor 6 (ZW100) - came with firmware v1.01 originally but updated to v1.06 (xxx 2015, SN: A0101153500xxxx)
02 x Aeotec MultiSensor 6 (ZW100) - came with firmware v1.06 out of factory (Dec 2015, SN: C010115520018xx)

Over the last 10 days of testing the MS6 on battery-powered (single battery on left slot), the newer MS6 I have are behaving differently from the older MS6 (updated to same firmware version though). The older MS6 was giving a fair bit of weird behaviours despite various parameters tweaking and combination. The newer MS6 has been mostly working as intended (motion detection is fine, temperature, lux and humidity reporting are acceptable at fixed time-interval) after some minor parameter changes from the default device template.

I will likely put the newer MS6 into scenes to test its behaviour and responsiveness soon. But from the observations so far, it will not be suitable for certain type of scenes (e.g. requires lux or humidity as triggers). Something consumers need to be aware of what MS6 can and cannot do in different powered-mode.

@m.roszak

I have been testing the new batch of MS6 on HC2 4.071 beta. There are a few odd behaviours which I noticed:

• Whenever a 'soft-reconfiguration' is performed, HC2 will lose all other sensors of this MS6 except motion sensor. A subsequent 'soft-reconfiguration' may detect and restore the missing sensors but not always the case.
  • Whenever the 'hidden parent device' of MS6 is moved from unassigned to a room and saved, it will result in multiple parameters showing "Last set value: 0" (

Please login or register to see this link.

, so not sure if it is a 4.071-specific bug or this MS6's device template bug).

Do I need to log this into bugzilla to get Fibaro to look into it?

It looks like a communication issue (device goes to sleep without warning maybe?) - those problems also appear when USB powered?

It looks like a communication issue (device goes to sleep without warning maybe?) - those problems also appear when USB powered?

Should you guys not know this

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" /> after all they are tested prior to adding to controllers firmware no? or do you rely purely on end user for device testing?

Unfortunately with AEON we can't be sure, we have two versions of this device but they are changing it from time to time without any warning (but theoretically firmware version is the same).

Those two which we have do not act that way

/emoticons/default_wink.png" alt=";)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Unfortunately with AEON we can't be sure, we have two versions of this device but they are changing it from time to time without any warning (but theoretically firmware version is the same).

Those two which we have do not act that way

/emoticons/default_wink.png" alt=";)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am reaching similar findings too, now that I have two different batches of MS6.

The official word from Aeon support is that there is no hardware revision between those two batches I have. Yet, the behaviour is quite different of these two batches, even when running on same firmware 1.06. It is either the firmware update released is incomplete to make an older batch be exactly like newer batch, or there is hardware difference which Aeon is not being transparent about.

For those who purchased earlier batches of MultiSensor 6 (factory default firmware is prior to 1.06), I would suggest to RMA it and get one of the newer batches. There is difference in behaviour when battery-powered. As for when usb-powered, I noticed something but not conclusive enough to share yet.