Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

[Feature Request] Image with notification

MaTi

Dear FIbaro,

I am not sure whether you appreciate input on feature requests from your community, nor whether this is the right place to do so, but I have one.. If not, I am sorry

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I would very much appreciate an option to include images in notifications sent to a mobile device.

Right now I receive a message for example whenever the doorbell is pressed. At the same time I receive a screenshot of an IP camera aimed at my front door in my email.

How nice would it be to have the option to immediately see this screenshot in the notification on my phone?

/emoticons/default_biggrin.png" alt=":D" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am not sure whether this is even technically possible right now, nor whether there are reasons not to have this in place already.

What I do know is that other domotic solutions on the market DO have such a feature... (i.e. Homewizard)

Anyone else who would see the added value of such a feature?

Thans for that suggestion we will definately consider it!

Meanwhile, on tablets for example maybe this code would be enough (due to screen size):

Please login or register to see this code.

• Topic Author
  • Thank you.. This does inspire me for some alternative purposes

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

A doorbell notification on a tablet is of limited use I think, as you'd normally need this when you are away.. And I don't want around with a tablet

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

Ideally (in my eyes) in the notifications you can let it fetch an image from an IP camera added to the HC2, possibly added with some additional text (i.e. 'The doorbell has been pressed. Go hide yourself!'), so you can easliy and nicely make a block scene with it.

Please give it some serious considerations. I know several people from the Dutch 'home wizard community' who currently do not want to switch from Homewizard to any z-wave solution due to the absence of such a, in their eyes critical, function.

• 1 year later...
  • Topic Author
  • Dear FIbaro,

Now, more than a year later, have you come to a conclusion yet, based on the mentioned considerations? ;-)

• 2 weeks later...
    Dnia 16.11.2016 o 11:55, MaTi napisał:

Dear FIbaro,

Now, more than a year later, have you come to a conclusion yet, based on the mentioned considerations? ;-)

Hello,

I am sorry that the feature has not been yet introduced. I will report this improvement to the team again. :)

• Topic Author
  • Thanks for your efforts! I strongly believe this would be a more than welcome addition. I can think of dozens of useful scenario's where you'd like to receive an image! :D

• 1 month later...

+1

I also email image from camera when doorbell is pushed or gate opened.

Maybe app could include basic gallery of few recent pictures taken from location on NAS / FTP (+ lua command to capture it and send there instead of e-mail) and show new ones in notification bar (like f.e. Google Photos does)?
    In case of mailing pictures from camera it would be nice to have in lua command abillity to change topic of sent mail.

• 2 years later...

+1 

I would like to extend this Feature Request to the "Video gate" Push Notification, BUT also: Please, when I get the Push notification, and I click it, take me to the correct screen in the App, otherwise this feature is quite useless.

Edited by Joystick

• 2 months later...

Dear FIbaro,

Now, more than four year later, have you come to aconclusion yet, based on the mentioned considerations? ;-)

Hello, 

Thank you very much for your suggestions regarding our system.

I have forwarded it to Research and Development department, in which our experts are constantly working on improving our products in order to meet our customers' needs.

I will let you know if I have any more information regarding this topic. 

Have a nice day! 

• 3 weeks later...
    • 6 months later...