Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

FortrezZ Siren still seen as a dimmer

RiccardoCanetta

Question

Hi

in the changelog of 4.053 I have read that this issue was solved

#0002493 FortrezZ SSA2 siren no template

I am now running 4.056 and I have a "FortrezZ SSA1/SSA2 Siren US 1.11" which is still seen as a light dimmer. I tried reconfiguring and also excluding/including it again: it still shows up as a dimmer.

Is this still a bug or is there something I should do?

Thanks

Riccardo

1 answer to this question

It is visible as a dimmer because this device introduce itself as a multilevel switch. Fortrezz implemented it this way.

By sending different values by Multilevel Set it will behave differently.

From Fortrezz SSA1/SSA manual:

If a Z-W ave MultiLevel Switch Set or Basic Set signal with a value of 67 to 99 or 255 is received by the SSA1, the unit will sound a 117-decibel audible alarm and will flash the strobe lights. A value of 1 to 33 will turn on only the strobe lights while a value of 34 to 66 will turn on only the siren. The same messages with value 0 will turn off both the siren and strobe lights. Or, the SSA1 can be turned off locally by quickly pressing the button three (3) times. The SSA1 only returns 0, 33, 66, or 99 in response to a Multilevel Switch Get or Basic Get command depending on the mode. With a controller, the status of any SSA1 in the network can be checked. A gateway controller’s remote access capabilities may allow you to control or to check the status of any SSA1 in your network from a remote location such as from another city, state, or country.