Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Why can I not see motion sensor as a thermostat in HCL

Ijuk

Question

I am trying to use panels heating system with the motion sensor linked with a swtich as a thermostat in HCL.

I have linked the devices in the linked panel however when I click on the room in question (Lounge), and look at devices in the room: it shows the main temperature sensor as the fibaro temp sensor but does not show any thermostat (simply says there are no devices of this type).

Am I doing something wrong?

Regards

This was my technique

Assign the Motion sensor to a room - Lounge
The HC2 has assigned it to be the temperature sensor **** this is where I could not select the fibaro as a thermostat or the linked device below***

Linked Devices created in panels - create a new Heating Link (wall plug to temp sensor)
I gave it a name and chose the lounge
In Main Device' I selected the temperature sensor - temp senor of Fibaro motion sensor
Then choose a Switch device the tkb wall plug

3 answers to this question

What is it that you are trying to achieve? With the motion sensor you do have a temperature sensor in the room as well. So, do you want to turn a device on when the temperature is too low and off when the temperature is correct? You do not need a thermostat for that.