Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

How to use plugins in VD?

MartinB

Question

Hi,

Recently bought a hc lite. Now i want to integrate it with my HEOS sound system. I downloaded the HEOS plugin (for fibaro) and it works fine. Buy, I want to be able to use it in a scene since I want to achieve: "At 0600, turn on lights and start music"

So, for what I understand, it shall be possible to create a Virtual Device and let it "bridge" a scene and the plugin. So, the VDs different buttons calls functions in the plugin. Did I get that right?

If so, can some one tell me the basics? Haven't found any documentation or examples of what I need to write in the VD. Should by some kind of syntax.

Many thanks!!

8 answers to this question

Hi,

you can create a virtual device  (ipaddress your HC2 ip and TCP port 11111)

After you insert the following code in a virtual button

GET /api/plugins/callUIEvent?deviceID=425&elementName=Heat_Button&eventType=onReleased  
HTTP/1.1
Host: <your HC2 ip address>
Authorization: Basic <xxxx:yyyy> 

replace the deviceID (my example 425), the name of the plugin button (my example Heat) --- my example is the simulation of the Heat button of the Nest plugin device
replace the xxxx:yyyyy with your "id" and "password" in base64 code: for information/translation of your HC2 id&password in base64 code, please you see this link

Please login or register to see this link.

For example, if you have id "admin" and password "admin", insert admin:admin in previous link page and after convert it in base64
  • Like 1

• Inquirer
  • Very cool, thanks a lot Yuri80!

I tried it out and it works nice! So, now i can finally control the heos speakers directly from scenes via the plugin

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Very cool, thanks a lot Yuri80!

I tried it out and it works nice! So, now i can finally control the heos speakers directly from scenes via the plugin

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hello Martin b,

I am also using plugins but cant be able to make scenes with them

i am currently using Xbmc plugin . i want to turn the lights off when play button is clicked.

but how can i achieve that ? can you help me ?

how will I determine device id for the plugin device? I want to use fibaro xbmc remote control to pause the kodi, when no movement in the room for specific time. Thanks.

Hello,

I´ve also got Heos and Home Center lite, but I can´t get them to work together. Could someone explain further?

What DeviceID should I use? Does it matter?

I don´t know what I´m doing wrong here, I´m new to this.

Thanks 

On 8. 4. 2016 at 10:57 PM, MartinB said:

Very cool, thanks a lot Yuri80!

/emoticons/default_smile.png" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" />

Where can I get  elementNames and eventType? (&elementName=Heat_Button&eventType=onReleased) for Denon Heos

Thx.

Did anyone make any progress with this?  I'd like to get it working with my Denon Heos speakers.

I'd appreciate any help.  

On 3/14/2016 at 11:41 PM, bresaola80 said:

Hi,

you can create a virtual device  (ipaddress your HC2 ip and TCP port 11111)

After you insert the following code in a virtual button

GET /api/plugins/callUIEvent?deviceID=425&elementName=Heat_Button&eventType=onReleased  
    HTTP/1.1
    Host: <your HC2 ip address>
    Authorization: Basic <xxxx:yyyy> 

replace the deviceID (my example 425), the name of the plugin button (my example Heat) --- my example is the simulation of the Heat button of the Nest plugin device
    replace the xxxx:yyyyy with your "id" and "password" in base64 code: for information/translation of your HC2 id&password in base64 code, please you see this link

Please login or register to see this link.

For example, if you have id "admin" and password "admin", insert admin:admin in previous link page and after convert it in base64

Thank you - i had the hole day the headache how to solve this problem - it so simple by sending api command to heos, but castrated lua in fibaro hc2 - makes problem for chatgpt too :) finally i found your soulution - thnx - works good - now i can use heos plugin in scence