Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Remote Access Iphone App Not working

Bad33nd

Question

I'm having problems with the remote login on my Iphone app. (version 2.7, on iphone 6, ios 9.2)

When i'm connected to the local network i'm able to acces my HC2 but when i switch to cellular or an other network i will get a "connection Error". When i go to settings and try to change my login and password it will give me the following message:

Remote Access connection

Could not connect to home.fibaro.com

I get the same response if i use my Girlfriends Iphone (iphone 5, ios 9.2).

Things i tried so far:

- Rebooting HC2

- Reinstall app 

- Acces remotely using the browser on my phone. (this worked)

- Acces remotely with computer which is not connected to my home network (worked as well)

So i guess my iphone app is not able to connect to the home.fibaro.com server. Is there any solution for this problem?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Danny

11 answers to this question

Update: Got it working, had to delete the app, reset password then reboot hc2. (Remember to delete phone from HC2)

I got the exact same problem. (Iphone 6 and Iphone 5s) 

Update: Got it working, had to delete the app, resett password then reboot hc2.

I think you have to delete your iPhone on the box and create a new registration by logging on from the app. 

• Inquirer
  • I think you have to delete your iPhone on the box and create a new registration by logging on from the app. 

Thanks, I have tried this but without succes. 

When the phone is not connected to any HC i opened the app an gave in mij user name and paswoord. It will give the same message as before. 

Are there more suggestions? Or other people that experience the same problem?

I have the same problem with version 2.7 on both of my iphone 4s and 6. The error message always shown "Could not connect to home.fibaro.com" when I try to save my account on the menu "Remote Access".  

• Inquirer
  • Just downloaded the new version of the app but still no connection

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_sad.png" alt=":(" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thotil and Bad33nd, Thank you very much.

Now, It's working. After re-create new account for HC2. I can remote access via iphone & ipad application. 

Look in the settings section of the app on your iPhone, and see if the little slide bar for cellular data is turned off. This happens sometimes when you update the app, and you have to go into settings and turn the cellular data slide bar back to "ON".

Regards

John

Please login or register to see this link.

Edited by john598