Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Motion Sensor

Snicker

Question

Hello,

I have a HCL with a motion sensor . I have a few questions:

1. For which the wake-up is available ? It's set to 18000 , what does it mean ?

2. If I want to activate the motion sensor , an error message appears that the condition is not met . What does that mean?

thank you

3 answers to this question

Hello,

1) The wake-up is the time until the motion sensor wakes up and communicates settings with the HCL or HC2.

2) If you mean with arming with activating, it is more than likely complaining about the fact that there is still some motion seen by the sensor. It doesn't want to be armed if it is sees motion. (it would immediately start an alarm because of the motion)

rgds,

Ronald

• Inquirer
  • What does that mean?
    With me are 18000 set . Only after 300 minutes it transfers data ? That is far too long ?

I want the sensor ale burglar alarm . Then I have him activate , or not ?
    When I go to him , time he , that the conditions are not met ? ! ?

The 1800 set is ONLY used for configuration data. The amount of time is between wakeups of the device, which when it communicates with the Home Center on its battery status and retrieve configuration data (the values of the parameters in the advanced tab on the Home Center) Typically during the first couple of days, when reconfiguring the device, you could use a smaller amount of time. 

The device will independently of the wakeup interval, continuously check for motion. If motion is found it is reported to the Home Center immediately and the alarm will be triggered therefore immediately as well. However, during theis communication the configuration is not retrieved.

Again, not sure what you mean with activate. If you mean arming it, than the device should NOT see any motion (so you should not be walking in sight of the motion sensor. If you do, if will tell you that the condition is not met (i.o.w. the required condition is that the motion detector is not seeing any movement, which is not met at that moment).

Make sure you are out of sight of the motion sensor when you arm the sensor through any user interface (browser, smartphone, tablet)