Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Can't get ZME_WALLC-S to switch both relays of FGS222

tom's

Question

I have a a FGS222 2-relay-switch and want button 1 and 3 of my ZME_WALLC-S to switch one relay and buttons 2 and 4 to switch the other relay throug a direct association. So far I managed to configure that button 1&3 switch the first relay and 2&4 ALSO switch the first relay. I can't configure the buttons 2&4 to switch the second relay.

My FGS222 appears in HC 2 like that:

Please login or register to see this image.

and

fd99xaV.png

ZME_WALLC-S has the following associations:

vZCxtu4.png

VY0Frgc.png

NepzFiI.png

BcKjogY.png

What worries me is that I can not select 50.0 and 50.2 individually; whenever I select one, the other one get's checked, too. The same when I uncheck one, the other one get's unchecked, too.

The ZME_WALLC-S Parameters are set

1:1

2:1

11:2

12:2

13:2

14:2

21:1

22:0

25:1

30:1

What do I need to do so that the buttons 2&4 switch my second relay?

3 answers to this question

I don't have that setup and I can't test it for you. But... If you want to switch devices with more than one "function", like a double relay switch, you have to use column "M". The "S" means single and always controls the "main" function of the device. Let me know i it helps, or not...

• Inquirer
  • The problem is, that I can not select any checkboxes in the M-column unless I first delete all association groups. Once I have deleted and recreated a group, I can select one module, e.g. a single checkbox in M at 50.2, and save that. But as soon as I return to the associations, it's again two checks in S at 50.0 and 50.0.

I have done the following steps:

• remove all groups and save that empty screen
    • go into management mode (all 4 buttons until led blinks green) and the press button 2 to wake the switch up and have it sync. HC 2 confirms that by saying "transmission ok" on the module (or so, I translated from German).
    • check back the associations screen; still empty
    • However, the buttons 1&2 still switch 50.0 on and 3&4 off. It shouldn't do that, as I cleared the associations.
    • I create a new association anyway, i.e. a new group, and have a single checkmar in M at 50.2. Save and sync that as above.
    • Now button 1&3 turn BOTH relays on and off (respectively), while 2&4 turn just relay 1 on and off.
    • Checking back into the association screen, I have checks in S-column at Home Center 2, 50.0 and 50.2 and another check in the M-column in 50.2 - so four checks in total.
    • Next I cleared the two checks in S 50.0 and 50.2, leaving the check in S at Home Center 2. Save & Sync
    • Now 1&3 toggle relay 50.2 and 2&4 toggle 50.0. A bit odd, but I'm at the point where I wanted to be. The screen now looks like that:
    • Please login or register to see this image.

Quite odd, as I have nowhere associated 50.0 with the switch, but hey, it works... sort of...

Still, can you shed a light on WHY it works?

The only explanation that I can think off... the associations are ultimately stored in memory on the device. Maybe the GUI doesn't show it. Bug in HC firmware? Not sure, but I've seen a similar problem with an FGS222 with another customer. Probably solved in the next release...