Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO
as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.
As a member you can:
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Follow topics and users to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages
- ... and learn a lot about our system!
Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team
I have two questions that I was hoping the community could help with.
1) I just wanted to clarify that multiple electronic transformers on one module is OK. In the Dimmer 1 manual (in my case the FGD211 v 2.2), there is no mention of there being a limitation. In the Dimmer 2 manual it mentions that only one transformer can be connected to it. In the following post, it mentions that multiple can be added as long as they are all of the same time
Please login or register to see this link.. I'm trying to apply automation to an existing house that has 1 transformer per halogen and rewiring to have them go through one transformer would be a large exercise that I want to avoid.
2) On one dimmer that I have installed only, it was working perfectly for 3-4 weeks. Now during transitions (moving on and off) the lighters flicker heavily when turning on and the same when off. It just really struggles to make the transitions and sometimes it can't. Once it does transition it's fine. At lower power levels it also does flicker heavily. I've tried to
My best guess at the moment is that one transformer could be on its way out and that is impacting all the other globes. Is that possible that one transformer could impact all others if connected in parallel? They are pretty cheap transformers that were installed in this house.
Appreciate any help.
Link to comment
Share on other sites
0 answers to this question
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.