Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Dimmer 211 Issues with LEDs

zslev

Question

Hi All, 

I recently had a set of Fibaro 211 dimmers installed. They control some LED ceiling lights. I've made sure each circuit has a power load between 25 and 80 watts, which is what is recommended in this guide: 

Please login or register to see this link.

The dimmers all work, however the brightness of the lights appears to max out at around 50% dimming. If I dim the lights above this level they will no longer dim down but will be 'stuck' at maximum brightness unless I turn them off completely. If I turn them off completely and then turn them on again they will flash once and then stay off. This will continue to happen unless I dim them back down below ~50%

I've tried playing around with parameters 12 and 13 (min and max brightness) and this only makes them behave even more erratically. Most notably, there seems to be a discontinuity somewhere in the dimming range where the brightness jumps from ~40% all the way to 100%.

Also it's worth noting that I'm using the Fibaros with a Samsung Smartthings hub. This shouldn't be a problem though because Smartthings has certified the 211 dimmer. 

Is it possible I need a relay? 

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet