Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro Dimmer2 - turn on, 1second = off

steppi

Question

Hello everyone!

I have a system of Domoticz Raspi2 + Z-Wave USB.
I connected a Fibaro Dimmer2 4 LED spotlights.
Issue: When I turn on the dimmer2 from Domoticz the lights turn on and off quickly, so even if I try sometimes.
The system to fix the problem is to move the% bar and then stabilizes and it works, I have to do this every time I turn on.
Maybe I should touch the advanced parameters from
Config-Hardware-OpenZwave-Config-FibaroDimmer2

Thanks if someone helps me

5 answers to this question

Hello,

I also have this problem on my Fibaro HC2, I use the Fibaro Dimmer 2 (version 3.3).

Also see this topic 

Please login or register to see this link.

I posted a procedure in that topic that helped me for one of my dimmers.

The strange thing however is that last week I restored an backup I created earlier because I was messing around with adding rooms and sections (still building my house) in my HC2 and dindt like the end result.

After restoring this backup I suddenly had two Fibaro dimmer 2 groups that have this problem you describe.

The wall switches work perfectly only when controlling the dimmer trough the web or app they go on and off for 1 second.

If you check the event viewer on the HC2 you actually see this happening.

(I'm not close to my HC2 but the event shows something like this)

23:10:44 -> Fibaro Dimmer 2 0% > 10%

23:10:44 -> Fibaro Dimmer 2 10% > 0%

Something automatically sets that last event but why??

I literary have 0 scenes or 0 Virtual devices in my HC2 or any Associations! 

I also found out that if you keep moving the slider or double tap the on button the light will go on!

What you actually see when you hold the slider or double tap the ON button on your App or Web interface is this:

23:10:44 -> Fibaro Dimmer 2 0% > 10%

23:10:44 -> Fibaro Dimmer 2 10% > 0%

23:10:45 -> Fibaro Dimmer 2 0% > 10%

So something is still shutting down the dimmer but as you keep pressing or holding the slider it again overwrites the shut down event.

As I mentioned after restoring the backup I had two of these dimmers that had these symptoms that before worked perfectly!

I basically tried everything.. and got one of the dimmers working again by doing the following.

1. Delete dimmer from Fibaro HC2 using the delete function.

2. Remove power from Dimmer module

3. Restart dimmer and wait until auto calibration is finished.

4. Include dimmer into your HC2.

(tested my dimmer here and problem existed).

5. Reduce the Maximum brightness level very low (30%), and save

6. Test functionality

7. If it works, add 10% to your current Maximum brightness level.

8. Repeat step 7 until you lose functionality to determine your Maximum brightness level that the automatic calibration failed to do for you.

This procedure worked for one of the two dimmers that have this problem, the other one I simply can't get to worked, so if any of you still have some ideas left please let me know!

What I find really strange however, is that if the Maximum brightness level would be the problem I should receive an alarm message right?

I actually have seen this alarm message overpower or Surge a couple times as I was playing with the Maximum brightness level.

And as i use the wall switches I can easily go to the maximum brightness level with out that lights would automatically switch of due protection, but with the same setting will switch off using the app or web interface.

Could this overpower or surge alarm actually execute the shutdown event and not generate an alarm message or who or what is executing that shutdown event if you use the app or web interface as the wall switches work perfectly!

• Inquirer
  • Hello! Thanks for the answer!

I tried to make the case that you have explained to me, but unfortunately with my dimmer2 not work. They started from the 30% but nothing!

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_sad.png" alt=":(" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
    In other forums I tell me that I have to install the Bypass2 of Fibaro because my LED bulbs have lower power consumption. I ordered the Bypass2, I get Monday and I try ..

Hello! Thanks for the answer!

I tried to make the case that you have explained to me, but unfortunately with my dimmer2 not work. They started from the 30% but nothing!

/emoticons/default_sad.png" alt=":(" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
    In other forums I tell me that I have to install the Bypass2 of Fibaro because my LED bulbs have lower power consumption. I ordered the Bypass2, I get Monday and I try ..

Are you able to turn your led lights off?

Or do they stay on (on very low brightness?)

Because basically in my opinion therefore you would require the bypass2, on the other hand...

It is uncertain what is actually inside the bypass2. They speak of a micro controlled bypass.. I suspect there is a resistor and capacitor inside but still let me know if it solved your problem.

Than I may have to swap out my halogen lamps for led ones 

/emoticons/default_icon_biggrin.gif" alt=":-D" />

anyone any thoughts about solving my problem as described above? 

/emoticons/default_icon_redface.gif" alt=":oops:" />

• Inquirer
  • Are you able to turn your led lights off?

Or do they stay on (on very low brightness?)

Because basically in my opinion therefore you would require the bypass2, on the other hand...

It is uncertain what is actually inside the bypass2. They speak of a micro controlled bypass.. I suspect there is a resistor and capacitor inside but still let me know if it solved your problem.

Than I may have to swap out my halogen lamps for led ones

/emoticons/default_icon_biggrin.gif" alt=":-D" />

anyone any thoughts about solving my problem as described above?

/emoticons/default_icon_redface.gif" alt=":oops:" />

Hello! I can turn off my LED bulb completely. Last night I bought on Amazon a Bypass2 at this point I hope to resolve with only 20 € .. it would be perfect. As soon as I install it I write here on the forum, maybe even we solve your problem