Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Z-Wave Qubino Weather Station Plus

lukaszpiech

Question

10 answers to this question

I doubt so since it requires the USB key and Fibaro HC2 does not support 3rd party USB device inserted into it.

If i read the manual correctly the usb key needs the usb port only for powersupply. So any poweradapter with a 5 volt usb output (

Like the one used to change a telephone) should be ok.

All the communication between the usb adapter and home center II is z-wave based.

If the home center II supports this usb adapter correctly after inclusion we will have to ask fibaro. I did not find any information regarding this.

If i read the manual correctly the usb key needs the usb port only for powersupply. So any poweradapter with a 5 volt usb output (

Like the one used to change a telephone) should be ok.

All the communication between the usb adapter and home center II is z-wave based.

If the home center II supports this usb adapter correctly after inclusion we will have to ask fibaro. I did not find any information regarding this.

It is more like: "If an unknown usb device is plugged into HC2, how will the HC2 behave?"

Lots of question marks: 'Will HC2 become unstable? Will HC2 behaves erratic? Will the close proximity z-wave usb key from Qubino interfere with HC2's z-wave receiving and transmitting?"....

If the Qubino weather station usb key indeed only requires usb for power, then I would rather connect it elsewhere which can provide usb 5v power (e.g. Aeon Micro Switch 6) than to the HC2 directly.

On 5/30/2016 at 10:04 AM, chaicka said:

It is more like: "If an unknown usb device is plugged into HC2, how will the HC2 behave?"

Lots of question marks: 'Will HC2 become unstable? Will HC2 behaves erratic? Will the close proximity z-wave usb key from Qubino interfere with HC2's z-wave receiving and transmitting?"....

If the Qubino weather station usb key indeed only requires usb for power, then I would rather connect it elsewhere which can provide usb 5v power (e.g. Aeon Micro Switch 6) than to the HC2 directly.

You get it all wrong. USB device must be plugged to power supply and not to controller. See picture:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by Sankotronic

if you read my comment correctly i already stated that  the usb key only needs usb  for power.

my conclusion was already that the usb device should not be inserted in the homecenter II, butr that a  usb  telephonecharger would work.

i do wonder why Qubino made this design choice and decided not deliver the usb changer  with the product. 

Pinging this thread.

Fibaro, is the Qubino Weather Station supported? I'm very interested in this product and would like to use it with my HC2.

Cheers,

hey @Abu Azzooz, @robw, @lukaszpiech,

Yes, I  have a qubino weather station and the device is working good in HC2.

No, it does not have a template and I don't expect one to arrive the next 2-5 years.

Please refer to this thread by tinman, he attached a PDF with instructions on how to get started.

have fun.

kro