Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Use one fibaro dimmer to control a remote Fibaro dimmer

Soft

Question

Hi all,

I have access to L and N in a wall-box.

I have a dimmer in the roof.

Can I put a dimmer in the wall-box, and have that one wireless controlling the one in the roof?

Wife wants a proper wall switch, together with the rest of the switches.

7 answers to this question

I assume this is a FIbaro Dimmer ?  If yes, then you could just put the dimmer in the wall box, and remove the dimmer in the roof completely.  The Fibaro dimmers are designed for 2-wire installation, although, you may also require the bypass depending upon the load.

Guest fat

Hi Soft. You may need to explain a little more about what you are trying to do. By dimmer in the roof are you talking about a Fibaro/z wave dimmer or do you mean dimmable driver to dim the lights?

If it's a dimmable driver then the Fibaro dimmer will control this and it would be placed behind the wall switch. Also what do you mean by proper switch? The Fibaro dimmer can go behind either a bi stable (toggle on/off) or a momentary (bell press/retroactive switch)

If the dimmer in the roof is a Fibaro dimmer then you can put another Fibaro dimmer behind that switch and use associations to control it

• Inquirer
  • Please login or register to see this attachment.

Sorry for the mess

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_smile.gif" alt=":-)" />

I did NOT explain good enough.

The wall box is not connected to the roof at all, it is just a means of power to drive the Fibaro dimmer.

In the roof, there is also power, but no connection by wire to the wall box.

I have 3 other switches w/fibaro dimmers behind in the wall box, but need to have a fourth one at the same location, without any cable to the roof-light i would like to control.

On a side note, I tried to get help from support today, really to no avail:

"Hi there,
    I just got started with a new setup, but my GUI is missing the add device button, can you please advice?"

"Hello,
    First of all please clean cache memory of your browser or try to use other browser.
    It should solved your issue.
    If not please perform a recovery:
    Tutorial:

Please login or register to see this link.

Best regards"

The problem is that I do not get into the recovery mode!

Tried all the suggestions I have found, please see image.

So, anyone know how to reset the bloody thing to factory without hitting the + button until the first blue light is lit?

Q1 yes see other thread.

Q2 could you upload an image on your device page? I don't understand what you mean by "missing the add device button"

• Inquirer
  • As you can see, add device button is missing under devices.

Seems that I cannot add scenes either, could it be lack of user rights?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

could it be lack of user rights?

I think you got this sorted from reading your post in another thread about logging in with the 'admin' account.

In regards to your initial question: Yes.

The Fibaro dimmer in the wall box will only have the supply and switch wiring connected (nothing on the output*)

The Fibaro dimmer in the roof will have the supply and load wiring connected (nothing on the input)

Then use device association programming to sync the wall box dimmer to the roof dimmer. You can tick the 'device is hidden in the system' option for wall box dimmer in Home Center on the Advanced tab as it won't be used.

*The Fibaro Dimmer 2 module requires a temporary load connected to initialise. After this is completed, set parameter #35 to 0(zero) so the calibration won't be re-run and disconnect the temporary load.

• Like 1

• Inquirer
  • Thank you for The clarification.

All I need now is support for dual white strips, I use the RGBW dimmers, set to RGB, but the gui is obviously

wrong. would be nice to have a "correct" gui with support for white and warmwhite dual strips.