Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Control a ceiling light with integrated push dimmer

snowflake

Question

I'm looking for a solution to control an Artemide ceiling light that has an integrated dimmer.

The particularity of this light is that it requires 3 cables in the ceiling: N, L1, L2.   L2 must be connected to a push switch.

As I don't have a permanent Live cable in the ceiling (who has btw?), I thought of modifying the connection in the wall switch to feed permanently L1 and put a relay modules directly in the light to control L2, but I won't work since I can't really control how long the module feeds L2.

Any clever idea to control this type of light?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

5 answers to this question

Sure you can control how long the relay feed L2 after a push. I don't know what relay you are looking at but usually there is a parameter under the advanced tab that allows you to set auto of time.

• Inquirer
  • L2 behaves like the Sx input on a Fibaro dimmer with a momentary switch: one short impulse switch it on/off, one long impulse varies the light intensity.

I have no way to know the state of the light nor its intensity.

Currently, I'm have a bunch of lights that are controlled by scenes with fibaro dimmer and dimmer 2 modules.  I'd like to add this light to the set, but presently I'm stuck...

How about to use relay switch to replace the wall switch?

• Inquirer
  • Not sure I understand your suggestion, just a single relay in the switch would imply pulling a 3rd cable at the light with a permanent Live, which is going to be very difficult.

Hi Snowflake,

I’m exactly in your same situation, but I changed all the wires so that now I have G-N-L1-L2 going to the lamp.

Did you manage to control the intensity? 

I attach an image of the power supply.

I measured the voltage going out to the LED: at minimum 30V, at max 35V.

Any help on how to control this light (intensity) with Fibaro is really appreciated.

Thank you!!

Please login or register to see this attachment.