Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Dimmer 2 Operated by PIR and Momentary Switch

ash720

Question

Hello All

I have searched, but not managed to find this question answered previously, apologies if it has already been covered.

I have a bathroom light currently operated by PIR so that it switches on at night without any user intervention. 2 problems, it comes on at full brightness and there is no override switch so you have to keep wafting your arms about if in for an extended stay.

I would like to use a Dimmer 2 to allow control of light levels via a momentary switch (fairly straightforward), but with a PIR switching on S2 to come on at low level at nighttime.

Checking through the parameters it seems that I can set both switches to be either momentary or toggle, not one to each.  I assume the PIR output is simply a switched live.

Any suggestions on the best way to set this up?

Thanks

3 answers to this question

So you have a PIR without Zwave functionality which is hard connected to a lamp and in front is Fibaro Dimmer 2 device if you go you right.

AC Voltage - Fibaro Dimmer 2 - PIR (no zwave ) - Lamp

Hello All

I have searched, but not managed to find this question answered previously, apologies if it has already been covered.

I have a bathroom light currently operated by PIR so that it switches on at night without any user intervention. 2 problems, it comes on at full brightness and there is no override switch so you have to keep wafting your arms about if in for an extended stay.

I would like to use a Dimmer 2 to allow control of light levels via a momentary switch (fairly straightforward), but with a PIR switching on S2 to come on at low level at nighttime.

Checking through the parameters it seems that I can set both switches to be either momentary or toggle, not one to each.  I assume the PIR output is simply a switched live.

Any suggestions on the best way to set this up?

Thanks

Hello,

Do I get your idea correct: you want to have your Motion Sensor activate Dimmer and you want to be able to turn the Dimmer off when leaving the bathroom?

What gateway do you have?

Did you try to use associations or scenes for your idea?

• Inquirer
  • Hello T. Konopka

Thanks for replying.  A bit more complicated than that.

Currently mains operated PIR simply switches light on when anyone is present and it goes off after a certain time.  I want to be able to have it switched by the PIR, via a dimmer 2, to only come on at a dimmed level.

In addition, I would like an override so that it can be permanently switched on or off or dimmed, regardless of input from the PIR.  I was hoping to use switch 1 and switch 2 on the dimmer 2 for this, but not quite sure of the functionalaity.

I have a Home Center 2, I could probably do something with scenes, but need to get input from the PIR into the Fibaro system somehow.  I guess I could replace the PIR with a Fibaro sensor, but was hoping to use as much of the existing wiring and infrastructure as possible.