Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Lili commands

Produno

Question

I installed a dimmer 2 several months ago and on the advanced set up panel i can give it Lili commands. This works well and enables me to turn the lights on and off using Lili.

I installed two more dimmer 2 modules yesterday (the same firmware as the previous) but i dont have the option in the advanced panel to set Lili commands. This entrigued me so i checked all my other devices and it seems i cant find an option for this for any of them other than the dimmer 2 module already mentioned. What gives? How can i set voice commands to my other modules? Why is the option missing on the other two dimmers?

Do we have a set of commands ready built into Lili? For instance on my ipad i have an option (pre built in) to turn all the lights on in the house. Do we have pre-built commands for this kind of thing in Lili? How would i add new commands to Lili?

Cheers.

20 answers to this question

It must be a bug. I can put Lili commands in some Fibaro devices but not on my wallplugs.

On devices of other brands it works.

And no, Lili have no built in commands.

• Inquirer
  • Thanks for the reply.

I have noticed it is the new template they released over the last patch or two for the dimmer module. Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

The other devices i cant put lili commands on are the rgbw module, virtual devices, and scenes. (Scenes i can input a command but it won't work).

I installed a dimmer 2 several months ago and on the advanced set up panel i can give it Lili commands. This works well and enables me to turn the lights on and off using Lili.

I installed two more dimmer 2 modules yesterday (the same firmware as the previous) but i dont have the option in the advanced panel to set Lili commands. This entrigued me so i checked all my other devices and it seems i cant find an option for this for any of them other than the dimmer 2 module already mentioned. What gives? How can i set voice commands to my other modules? Why is the option missing on the other two dimmers?

Do we have a set of commands ready built into Lili? For instance on my ipad i have an option (pre built in) to turn all the lights on in the house. Do we have pre-built commands for this kind of thing in Lili? How would i add new commands to Lili?

Cheers.

Hello,

Can you post screen shots showing advanced settings of both Dimmers (the one working with Lili and the one not working)?

• Inquirer
  • Please login or register to see this image.

old_dimmer_2.png

The new dimmer Is at the top and the old at the bottom. Could it be because I included the new ones with secure mode ticked?

Please login or register to see this image.

old_dimmer_2.png

The new dimmer Is at the top and the old at the bottom. Could it be because I included the new ones with secure mode ticked?

Hello,

What software version of gateway do you have?

Hello,

What software version of gateway do you have?

My HC2 is on 4.090

FGD212 dimmer 2       v3.4    Lili available on all delivered with v3.4 and one that was upgraded OTA v3.3->3.4, Lili NOT available on two delivered v3.3 and upgraded OTA v3.3->3.4.

FGS211 relay              v2.1     Lili available, 

FGS222 double relay  v2.2     Lili available,

FGP111 plug               v25.25 Lili NOT available,

FGR222 roller shutter v25.25 Lili available,

VISEZM1601-5 siren   v15.3   Lili available,

LUA scenes all have Lili available.

Produno

Other than putting the commands in advanced settings and refresh network data on phone did you need to do anything else. Lili gets my command but claims it can't find it in system.

I just spotted i have same issue on one dimmer with no option for lili commands which was upgraded from v3.2 to v3.4 this week. All my other were installed as 3.4 - this may be the issue 

• Inquirer
  • andyp

Nothing else was done other than sticking the commands into the advanced panel.

My two newest dimmers were both installed as v3.4 but do not have the option for lili.

Im also running v.4.090.

Maybe reloading Lili database can help? There is button on Configuration general tab.

• Inquirer
  • Maybe reloading Lili database can help? There is button on Configuration general tab.

Already tried that, it doesnt work.

That worked - thanks

andyp, so for you worked reloadning Lili database and now Lili can find commands in the system. Dimmer that didn't have option for Lili is still the same?

Already tried that, it doesnt work.

Did you first restart HC and then try to reload database or you just reload database witout restarting HC? In my experience it is always good choice to restart HC (using rear button) before making backup, restore.. and also reboot after adding new code.

Hi Sankotronic

You are correct - reloading Lili solved the issue of Lili not finding the commands - but I still have one dimmer that doesn't have option for Lili.

Since I have three dimmers 2 that were OTA updated and one of them still has Lili available there must be something else in the play and not only OTA update. Situation is like this if it can help:

1) dimmer 2 OTA updated was successful on first attempt, installed on less than two meters away from HC2 - included on FW 4.080 - z-wave communication direct to HC -  NO Lili

2) dimmer 2 OTA updated first attempt failed, removed from wall box and updated near HC2 - included on FW 4.080 - z-wave communication over other device - Lili available

3) dimmer 2 OTA updated first attempt failed, removed from wall box and updated near HC2 - included on FW 4.070 - z-wave communication over other device - NO Lili

I'm not at home at the moment to check other data on installed dimmers. Also before this question was raised I never checked if Lili is available and when it disappear on those two.

Hi All,

New to home automation and Fibaro

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> compared to most of you, so if i say/state anything incorrectly please forgive.  I have the same issue, no options/fields to enter the Lili command on my three new dimmer 2 that i installed a few days ago. I called Fibaro UK tech support and spoke to Fibaro technical support agent who informed me that Lili has been take out as it doesn't work well and apparently it will be rewritten in future. Is this true? Has anyone heard of this? I got the feeling that the agent was just trying to get me off the phone. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you

Brad

Hi All,

New to home automation and Fibaro

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> compared to most of you, so if i say/state anything incorrectly please forgive.  I have the same issue, no options/fields to enter the Lili command on my three new dimmer 2 that i installed a few days ago. I called Fibaro UK tech support and spoke to Fibaro technical support agent who informed me that Lili has been take out as it doesn't work well and apparently it will be rewritten in future. Is this true? Has anyone heard of this? I got the feeling that the agent was just trying to get me off the phone. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you

Brad

If I think about it, then agent was probably just honest with you. Lili doesn't have future with Alexa, Siri and others on the market. Also, it is more cost effective to enable use of those than to develop further own voice recognition system with servers and all that is going with that. Of course, that is only my humble opinion which may be completely wrong. It is also possible that Fibaro disable Lili for some devices just until they make it working properly. Of course to enable Alexa or Siri, Fibaro must get some sort of agreement with respective companies and it is not that simple as some of the members here may think.

Thank you Sankotronic,

I agree it would be nice if Fibaro would integrate with Siri or Alexa. Just disappointed as i had Lili working very well on my other two Dimmer 2.

Kindest Regards

Brad

• Inquirer
  • Yeah strange how it works fine on other dimmer 2 modules. I'm not entirely sure if what the agent said is true to the current issue we are having but more of a general statement.

I know google have been interested in working with other companies - plus they are 'meant' to be releasing in more countries including the Uk than Alexa. So im hoping Fibaro are looking to get an agreement with google than Amazon and with the recent inclusion of google analytics it would make more sense i guess.

This could be improved sooooo much. Always listening tablets, audio tts via android, ipad apps and/or sonos etc

Maybe v5+