Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Have Home Center tell me when lawnmower is charging

Ole

Question

Hi all!

I have a "robot" lawnmower and sometimes it gets stuck out on the lawn. When I am away I have no way of knowing so I thought I could get my Home Center to tell me, if I connect the charger for it to a Fibaro Wall Plug, whether or not it connects to the charger, which it should do a few times a week. I am not familiar with Lua code and I can't see a way to do this with a block scene. What I would like is for Home Center to tell me when the lawnmower starts charging. When in idle it uses about 7.5 W and when charging a little over 50 W. I made a simple block scene that sent a push notification when consumption was over 50 W, but then of course it kept sending notifications as long as the consumption was over 50 W so that doesn't work. So I thought I might need a lua script that sends one push notification when consumption is over 50 W and then waits until power consumption is down again before checking for consumption above 50 W.

Can someone lua savvy write me a script that could do this?

4 answers to this question

Hi Ole,

Look here there is a working lua script -->

Please login or register to see this link.

I use the below variant for washing mashine, dryer and dishwasher - you just made me thinking abt the mower as mine is plugged into a wall plug (just to see what it takes).

Please note that this code was not done by me - I just adopted it to my needs - all the gratitude go to the fantastic contributors of this forum.

Please login or register to see this code.

And here is my solution for Husquarna Automower AC 220. It monitors the status (mowing, charging, standby and 'winter mode')

A VD changes its icon based on power consumption and a button can switch the wall-plug off for 'winter-mode'

Code for VD:

Code for VD mainloop:

Screenshot and VD is attached.

For icons (please see original icons for charging, standby and mowing in the 'icons for the HC2 post'), icon for 'winter-mode' is attached.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Hi I'm  using the below variant of Gruber's script  - it works excellent

Bosch Indego mower (800) without bluetooth 

I am having the

which cuts the grass in effective manner. Blades cut the grass by moving in high speed rotation and the height of grass you need to cut will be done by adjusting the blades.