Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Static IP

pt13

Question

I set in my LAN settings on my HC2 a static ip: 192.168.1.10

After my HC2 rebotted from a power outage for some reason it went to 192.168.1.11 and was set as DHCP.

I again changed it back to 192.168.1.10 with a static ip because my devices wouldn't work when it was on 192.168.1.11.

Then after some time my devices couldnt' access and i realised it had gone back to 192.168.1.11 again which was also the static IP of a camera so there was a conflict and nothing would work.

Hopefully this doesn't continue to happen, but has anyone else experienced this?

12 answers to this question

Errrrr.... Yes. A few times. I think it helps to restart after the change. Then do a proper shutdown (I use a short push on the physical power button). Over the years I've had it happen a few times only, and I'm sorry I can't be more precise...

Just to much trouble, decided to let it have it it´s own way and rearranged the rest of the network set up...

• Inquirer
  • ok this is really starting to annoy me now!  

still seems to be doing it..........keeps changing the ip even though im setting it to a specific static ip.

fibaro?

Hi

You can try to make a DHCP reservation in your router.

Your HC2 MAC adress and

For example 192.168.1.120

DHCP reservation    MAC: xx: xx: xx: xx: xx: xx     Address: 192.168.1.120

Please login or register to see this attachment.

+1 for the DHCP reservation on your router. 

This way, the mac adress of your HC2 is linken with the IP adress you assigned.   I always use DHCP reservation for all the device i want to have a static ip. 

• Inquirer
  • FYI, i used the DHCP reservation in the router to set my desired address, and set the HC2 to DHCP.  only way i could get it to work.

This is an old issue which has happened during the early days of version 3.x too. I cannot recall the exact steps to resolve this. I believe there were posts in this forum on this. Sorry, wish I can recall the steps.

HC2 definitely can run with static IP instead of using DHCP reservation method. Mine is set up with static IP and been running fine for approx 2 years.

Edited by chaicka

Just unwrapped my HC2 (4.056) started to configure it, changed admin password and set the static IP. As soon as I saved the changes the problems started to occur. Unusable UI both from the browser and the phone. I did a factory reset, upgraded to 4.100 and started to configure again. Once again I tried to set the static IP and the same happened...:shock: Factory reset for the second time now and about to set DHCP with reservation.

Not very impressive first impression if this has been a known issues since 3.x and still not resolved...:evil:

Not much help but definitely can be done.  Like Chaicka mine has run with static IP for a couple of years with no issues, and I can't recall doing anything special or out of the ordinary to get it done.

One thing you may want to try is to make sure the static IP is outside the DHCP range.

Edited by palomaray

I got a reply from support and they gave me a link that explains that you have to first use DHCP reservation and then change it to static from there... I haven't tried it yet, so not sure if that is a workaround, but definitely not a proper solution.

I remember that I had same problem with this static IP settings. I changed to static IP, give IP address and press save. After some short time find out that this settings was reverted back to DHCP. And now if I remember correctly I followed this steps. Change settings to static IP, press SAVE button twice. Turn off HC with Power button on the HC. Wait a little while and then turn it back on. After booting up and starting all services go back to LAN Settings and press SAVE button one more time. After that it never reverted back to DHCP settings.

But, when you are changing to static IP address then you must know what addresses are assigned to DHCP server on your router because if you give HC static IP address that is inside range of IP addresses assigned to DHCP server then you could easy have problem. Static IP address that you assign to HC must be outside that range.

HI,

I konw the thread is quite old, but I'm experiencing the same problem descibed above in the first post. The problem has started to occur after updating the firmware to 4.510. 

The HC2 replaces the STATIC ip I have assigned maually with the first free IP the router has in his DHCP IP range. The strange thing is that in the drop down list the type of ip is still set to STATIC and not DHCP, even if the IP is clearly a DHCP assigned IP (see below). 1.45 is on of the free IPs in the DHCP range, while i would like to assign the ip 1.30.

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2018_09/image.png.e754cbcd11ac0c2f859ddf8d6e906195.png" alt="image.png.e754cbcd11ac0c2f859ddf8d6e906195.png" />

Of course I have tried several times to to reset the IP to static, to DHCP and than to static and so on but without success.

DHCP reservation would work, I konw, but it is clearly a workaround.

Does somebody know something about?

Regards,

Tom