Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Somfy RTS

Atavius

Question

Hi guys,

I am considering Fibaro as my home automation platform and am I wondering if it will work with my Somfy RTS blinds. I searched the forum, but found only old threads that mentions either

Please login or register to see this link.

that is sold only in US and no one apparently tested if th works with Fibaro or use something like RFXtrx433E that apparently can work with Fibaro using RabsPI as bridge. So my question is if something changed or to be more precise what is the best way to implement Somfy RTS into Fibaro.

Hi Maarten

GREAT!

I studied Domoticz as well, main reason to keep HC2 is the nice interface on IPad and iPhone, with which I can also control the house when I'm away.

I do control lights, heating, alarm system, blinds, etc. all with this interface, which also can easily be used by my wife.

Cheers, be careful firework,

Wim

On 2016-09-29 at 1:56 PM, Dave P said:

I have a solution that is low cost if you're handy. Just set this up today.

I bought a 3rd party remote off ebay (

). Very easy to program it as a second remote. Then took the cover off and soldered wires to the switch. Connected to a fibaro relay. Done. Works like a charm. I set a parameter on the relay to switch off after a second so it acts as a push button.

Let me know if you want more info and I'll type up a doc.

Hi, can you please help me with the same solution and type a doc how you did, or how to wire the remote to the double relay?

For this solution, There is a description with pictures on this link: 

article is in dutch, but pictures should be straightforward.

Disadvantage with this solution is it needs a remote and a relay switch per screen. If you have 3 screens or more, price really ads up, mainly because of the price of the relay switches. If this would be the case, a solution with a Raspberry and a RFX transmitter would be cheaper. Note that I control 15 screens with one Raspberry equipped with a RFX, total price approx. 140 euro.

Last year I have had a chat with the guys from Somfy. They stated that they absolutely will stick to their own protocol as also used by Velux (Roof windows).

As previous described there are workarounds to get them integrated to Fibaro. But, as described, they are based on the Klik-Aan/Klik-Uit protocol which means a one way direction protocol.

This means that you never will get a accurate response about the current situation of the roller/blind.

Therefore I decided to rework all my rollers with (second hand) motors in combination with a Fibaro Roller/Shutter module. These motors costed me about € 40 a piece.

And in combination with the Fibaro Roller/Shutter modules you have a 2 way communication and you will have always a actual report of the status (open, 10% closed, 50% closed, closed ad so on)

and no need for a secondary controller and additional VD's and/or software. 

This is indeed an alternative as well, and good to have feedback on the actual position. However, I have (existing) 15 screens, even with second-hand motors and one Fibaro roller/shutter per screen, cost per screen would be minimal 100 euro, resulting into 1500 euro minimal excl. labour cost for such a replacement. That’s why I selected the Raspberry/RFX solution, although indeed having as a drawback not having feedback on screen positions.

I can confirm, the solution done by @Wimjanse is working in my home perfectly since 2016 (the RFXtrx433E and a raspberry pi acting as a bridge).

So I would not get into soldering etc etc.

At the time of writing of my post (2016): there was no cheap alternative available. I understood that Somfy has an approx 150,-  alternative now (it does not integrate with Home Center 2 but is works very well is what I hear, so you have to balance that out a bit. "always works" = "happy girlfriend"  vs "honey I got it to work via 3 new gadgets" ;)

Edited by Maarten Luijt
  • Thanks 1

Hello,

I did some programming and using a Raspberry PI and a 433 MHZ transmitter I'm now able to control my somfy blinds with fibaro as a virtual device.

Bonus: An amazon alexa skill to control it via voice

https://github.com/renes/somfy-rest-api

best regards rene

I'm also interested in this, it seems almost impossible to buy blinds now that are compatible with the fibaro Roller Shutter module. All manufacturers seem to use Somfy RTS nowadays.

• Like 1