Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Ring Pro Doorbell

John Pansters

Question

Hello,

I bought A Ring Doorbell Pro and would like to know if there is a way to connect it to the Fibaro HC2

I did try the IFTT integration but the response times are 10 to 15 minutes.

This is not acceptable so I am looking for a "local" sollution

Thanks,   John

12 answers to this question

Hi,

I use tasker on Android phone which i installed at my home.  I have there ring app and tasker is set to trigger Fibaro doorbell scene when ring app get notification.

• Inquirer
  • Kamol_

Thanks for the quick response.

I borrowed an Android device to test this with the trial version of tasker. ( got it for 2 days, only the weekend )

I got the http get part to work to my fibaro at home in a test task. I can switch on a device or scene on Fibaro when I start the task

Can you tell me how to get the ring app to start this task

Thks,   John

I used to have a Doorbot (they are Ring now), and managed to connect it with a Universele Binaire Sensor from Fibaro and trigger things.

It was for a Doorbot, and not for the new Ring's

Basically I did it like this (sorry it's in Dutch):  

Please login or register to see this link.

Having said all this, the company Ring SUCKS!

They started in 2012 with Kickstarter, and I was a supporter for this Doorbot project.

In 2014 Doorbot became Ring, and they promised to keep supporting the 1st generation Doorbots!
    Guess what..Some months ago they updated the app (and servers), and after this all Doorbots stopped working.

Ring told us all Doorbot users that they stopped support for it, and that they would give us a $100 discount if we would get a new Ring.

I (and many friends) now have a very expensive paperweight.

My message! Stay a way from Ring.com

• Inquirer
  • Geest,

i have the Ring Pro.

This new verssion does not support the method you ( or Robbshop ) discribed.

That is why I am looking for an alternatieve way

thks John

i have the Ring Video Doorbell and not pro.

i have connected it in place of my existing doorbell using the 12v AC bell transformer.

i made a small bridge rectifier circuit to convert the AC to DC and connected the universal binary sensor.

i also then attached an AC relay board which i got from ebay to the original ding-dong door bell.

finally the IN1 and GND from the universal sensor was connected to the COM and NC contacts.

when someone rings the video doorbell, i get the standard notifications on phone as per normal. i also get the ding-dong inside the house but with the added UBS and relay HC2 runs any scene that i have programmed, in my case taking snapshot from my IP cams and emailing them.

it has been working for me since July.

• Inquirer
  • Morpheus75,

This sollution is working with the older version of the ring bit not with the pro version.

The pro has only two contacts for 16 to 24 volt A-C.

It is not possible to use an existing doorbel.

thks for your reaction 

john

Hi, 

1) On iphone add new user in your ring app

2) install Ring app on android device - login as new shared user

3) install AutoNotification from google play store  (there is free trial) - Tasker You already have

4) give AutoNotification access to notifications on Android (after installation it will ask for that access)

5) In Tasker add new profile - Event - plugin - AutoNotification - Intercept - configuration - Apps - choose Ring app

6) Choose or create appropriate Tasker task (http get) to trigger Fibaro scene or device

John Pansters,

There is also simpler solution - 

Please login or register to see this link.

- option 1

Buy Fibaro wall plug and connect it to Chime and than make a scene that is using power consumption to trigger Fibaro scene or device

• Inquirer
  • Kamol_

Thank for the tips

The tablet I borrowed needed a newer version of android for tasker/autonotification so I have to get another to test.

Your recommended other sollution does not work because the diffence in power for the chime is from 0,3 Watt to 0,4 Watt from standby to ring.

This is hardly detectable by the wall plug and does not work in a real life situation ( To many invalid actions )

Thks,   John

Hi

is there  a way i could trigger a scene on my HCL when my ring doorbell pro is pressed?

thanks

On 1/25/2019 at 4:57 PM, Patatah said:

Hi

is there  a way i could trigger a scene on my HCL when my ring doorbell pro is pressed?

thanks

i‘m using HC2 instead of HCL, but ist should work in the same way.

there is the old Fibaro door Sensor, which has an Potential free connector.

this one i hooked up on my Classic Ringer as an door Sensor, so whenever someone presses the doorbell the fibaro Sensor gets an Signal and Reports ist back to my HC2.

my Ring doorbell i‘ve connected parallel to my old analog ones and ist works flawless.....the only „Problem“ i still have, is That i can‘t automatically Display the Ring in this way