Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Scene "Presence Simulation" not working

MU-Germany

Question

Dear comunity,

I have a probleme with a block scene and hopefully someone can tell me, what I did wrong.

The scene's job is, to turn lights on / off at a special time, in case I am not at home(!).

I created a variable, that I can aktivate with another scene - that works good:

Set "Simu_Anwesend" = "Aktiv" means, I am not at home,

set "Simu_Anwesend" = "Inaktiv" means, I am at home and no lights should be turned on automatically.

The Problem-scene (see attachement) sould turn on a light, in case of I set the variable "Simu_Anwesend" to "Aktive" and the time is 18:00.

The problem is, that as soon as I set the varibale to "Aktiv", the light turns on immediately -  even the time is bevore 18:00!?

Thanks for every help!

Please login or register to see this attachment.

7 answers to this question

Un-tick the variable above the block scene (Trigger variables).

Edited by thotil

• Inquirer
  • Thanx for your hint, thotil!

First time, I looked at the possibility to un-tick a variable above the block scene ;-)

So I un-ticked it and now the following happens, if I set my varible "Simu_Anwesend" to "Aktiv" (meens I am not at home and the lights should turn on):

The light turns on and after a second it turns off. (?)

I created another scene to turn of the light at 23:00 if the variable "Simu_Anwesend" is "Aktiv" (I un-ticked the variable in this block scene too).

So it seem, that by setting the variable to "Aktiv" first the light turns on, because of the "18:00-scene" and after a second the light tuns off because of the "23:00-scene"...

I am a little bit confused, because I un-ticked the variables as you said.

Any Idea?

Could you turn on lua, copy and paste it?

Might make it a bit easier to see whats going on.

EDIT: HCL, I see. So, the light turn on regardless of the variable? only for a second?

1 hour ago, MU-Germany said:

Thanx for your hint, thotil!

First time, I looked at the possibility to un-tick a variable above the block scene ;-)

So I un-ticked it and now the following happens, if I set my varible "Simu_Anwesend" to "Aktiv" (meens I am not at home and the lights should turn on):

The light turns on and after a second it turns off. (?)

I created another scene to turn of the light at 23:00 if the variable "Simu_Anwesend" is "Aktiv" (I un-ticked the variable in this block scene too).

So it seem, that by setting the variable to "Aktiv" first the light turns on, because of the "18:00-scene" and after a second the light tuns off because of the "23:00-scene"...

I am a little bit confused, because I un-ticked the variables as you said.

Any Idea?

Edited by thotil

On 11/5/2016 at 3:02 PM, MU-Germany said:

Dear comunity,

I have a probleme with a block scene and hopefully someone can tell me, what I did wrong.

The scene's job is, to turn lights on / off at a special time, in case I am not at home(!).

I created a variable, that I can aktivate with another scene - that works good:

Set "Simu_Anwesend" = "Aktiv" means, I am not at home,

set "Simu_Anwesend" = "Inaktiv" means, I am at home and no lights should be turned on automatically.

The Problem-scene (see attachement) sould turn on a light, in case of I set the variable "Simu_Anwesend" to "Aktive" and the time is 18:00.

The problem is, that as soon as I set the varibale to "Aktiv", the light turns on immediately -  even the time is bevore 18:00!?

Thanks for every help!

well, it should not.

I have a similar case and it works as it should.

Could you post all scenes that involve that variable with aktiv/inaktiv and also how you set it?

Also post how the script is set up (the other page with automatic/manual/...)

• Inquirer
  • Yes - HCL --> no LUA :-(

The light turns on, and after a second all lights turn off (this I think is caused by the scene "turn of the lights at about 23:00). So it turns on one time and then all lights turn off.

Here are all scenes which have to do with it:

The first two pictures show the scene to tell the system that I am not at home and the lights should turn on / off automatically (the same scene exists to tell the system that I am at home and no automatical lights are needed).

The next two pictures is the scene to turn on the light at 18:00 - when I am not at home.

The last twi pictures show the scene to turn off all lights at 23:50 - when I am not at home.

This scene is only for Friday and Saturday, the other weekdays have a different time to turn on / off the lights.

not easy for me to understand what is what but there is something strange in the combination of the scenes (last one I do not really understand it).

Anyhow my suggestion is to delete everything and start one piece at a time.

start with the scene as automatic that on friday and saturday when the variable is set to aktiv then lights on the lamp. set the variable manually.

if that works then add the variable control.

then add the light off scene.

Be careful that it happened to me that a correct scene suddenly did not work anymore. I had to delete it and rewrite it exactly the same to have it working.

• Inquirer
  • Ok, I'll try that, thanx Flowy! 

Anyway strange that a new scene that is written exactly like the old one has a different behaviour...