Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

fgd-212 with older wiring

Tontze

Question

Hi ! 

I have following situation (picture below). I have P, 1& 3 wires available, but whats the Sx ? There is no additional wires behind the wall switch .. Is it doable ?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

2 answers to this question

Guest fat

Your live goes into the L terminal on the dimmer and Sx is the constant live that comes out of the diner to your switch. Then your switched live comes back out of the switches to S1 on the dimmer

Yes, i have the same problem in my old installation. This is so called "intermediate" wiring. On first switch (2-way) come live wire (Phase-P or L) and two wires (1 & 3) which go to another switch (indermediate) and then go to the last switch which is another (2-way switch) to contact 1 and 3. P on last switch go to the light... Check picture (in picture i have two intermediate switches)....

In this wiring is problem, because you need you fibaro module in the side of last switch (last 2-way switch), because of light wiring. You can resolve this with replacing all switches witch momentary/push switches....Just connet 1's with live wire and 3's with other wire in all momentary switches. check shema in manuals for momentary switch.... That's all.

Edited by ggrizliv