Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

AEON Lab Multisensor 6 is loosing contact to FBHC 2

Obiwan1968

Question

I am using some AEON Lab Multisensor 6 with FBHC 2, before with v4.100 now with v4.104B.

The FBHC2 is loosing the contact to those devices and they get marked as "dead device". This independend of the distance to the FBHC2, this is from 2m upto 10m, all the same.

I can only solve the problem in opening the module, take the batteries out and put them in again, within seconds the module is online again.

I have various devices, but this type is the only one making such problems.

Anyone having an idea what the problem could be?

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Mo19 said:

is it because the firmware of the product or something else? What is the problem then?

I will try with non secure mode, but the interesting part is that the sensor trigered alarm scene after it was included and the lights at my home started to go crazy... The other sensor did not do that? Any explanation?

Nope. It is just that in secure-mode, the range is very much shortened (shorter than z-wave non-plus) and tendency to have 'missing message' from device to Home Center. Search the forum for my thread on FGMS001v2 in secure-mode but Home Center not receiving 'safe' signal/message after motion breach.

This maybe the case, because the other sensor is far away and befind walls, ect. and it works super! But this one is like 3 meter and only dry wall is separating them.......... I will give it a try. i thought at first that the cheap chinese made USB adapter was the problem but it is a standart 5vdc usb adapter.....

May or may not be the root cause. Just able to share what I suspect and what I experienced to try out. Wish you luck in finding the root cause and fix for it. ;)

I have this last questions:

What is the meaning and difference between "Wakeup interval" and "Polling time interval" - both in seconds? I mean, the problem with the temp peaks are between 6 hours and i am trying to figure out what is causing them, can it be because at this time the sensor wakes up or it is been polled from the controller? The polling time is 300s (standart) and the Wake up time - i am not there to chek that out, but what is the difference between them when it comes to sending/receiving data from the controller? 

If the problem occurs when the sensor is polled from the controler i will exclude it from global polling.....not sure does it have a parameter like the Motion sensor after a specified time to send the temp report to the controller......

This is not the case with Fibaro's motion sensor - it only has a wake up interval (when it is able to receive new data/settings), and another paramteres for sending the temp and the other measurements.

1 hour ago, Mo19 said:

I have this last questions:

What is the meaning and difference between "Wakeup interval" and "Polling time interval" - both in seconds? I (...)

27 minutes ago, chaicka said:

Battery-operated devices has no polling.

Can I shamelessly promote a topic with a script and some explanation I wrote some time ago?

42 minutes ago, petergebruers said:

Can I shamelessly promote a topic with a script and some explanation I wrote some time ago?

Yep, idiotic question which i figured out as soon as i saw what i wrote........ Thanks guys, i just got confused trying to figure out how to fix this problem......

On 30/12/2016 at 11:53 AM, petergebruers said:

I'dd like to add: I *think* a battery operated device can become marked dead if it has an unusually high wake up time. Wake up time of my devices ranges from 600 right up to 86400 (1 day). Most are between 1 and 12 hours. I'm not sure if that causes issues. I'd set the wake up to the manufacturer default to rule that out.

In case of MS6: many issue were ironed out in 1.06 and 1.07 firmware. But high battery drain in some circumstances (drains batteries in a few weeks) still exists in all these, right up to 1.08.

Same problem here..

I've tried to exclude, include, reconfigure it..but in less than 24h it gets into Dead state.

is there a way to solve this problem?

I've opened a ticket to aeon and they said that they don't know what could be the problem..they are aware about that because they have already received that info from a dealer.

any idea?