Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Requirements for adding bathroom ventilation to HC2

kristofre

Question

Hi,

I was wondering if you guys could help me out by pointing me in the right direction.

The next step in my home automation project is adding the bathroom ventilation.

At the moment, this is done by turning a manual dimmer:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

This activates this fan (I have rotated this picture as it is hanging upside down on the sealing) :

Please login or register to see this attachment.

I have done some research and found that a lot of people do it with a Fibaro RGBW module, or with a Fibaro in-wall switch.

What would you guys recommend. 

Dimming is not crucial, as I would be automating the running of the fan with a humidity sensor and would switch it off as soon as possible.

However, manual control is kind of a must for me. I don't want to not be able to turn on the fan if the HC2 is down.

If you need any more info, please let me know!

Thanks for your advise!

Cheers,

Kristof

1 answer to this question

I'm using a mechanical fan which can be controlled via a 0-10V input signal. And a RGBW module can handle that. 

The speed of the fan is controlled by 2 variables:

- CO2 in the living room, the higher the CO2 level, the faster the fan is running.

- Bathroom humidity, when humidity increases with more than 7% in 10 min, I'm assuming someone is taking a shower and the fan is turned on at 75%.

When all is well, the fan return to 20% speed. A mechanical fan should always be on. And HC2 is always on, so why bother about manual control?

cheers

emiel