Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Davis Vantage Plugin

edd056

Question

Davis Vantage values not updated, update only at startup or when change of port

Cannot add Davis Vantage as weather provider

12 answers to this question

7 hours ago, edd056 said:

Davis Vantage values not updated, update only at startup or when change of port

Cannot add Davis Vantage as weather provider

i never get this to work

The topic has been moved from "

Please login or register to see this link.

" to "

".

Temat został przeniesiony z "

" do "

".

I'm trying also to get a Davis Vantage Pro2 working.  I actively upload to weather underground and weather link, and have temporarily disabled those uploads to see if the HCLite will pick up the feed...so far no dice, all values are dashed out.  Has Anyone heard of this plugin working?  I have the weather link IP and I know the IP and ports are correct.  I even scanned using the tool within the plugin and it correctly found my Vantage and allowed me to select it...just no weather data being displayed.

Hi, I have just configure my weatherlink IP plugin.. and it works well.

be sure that the port is 22222 and the polling interval is a a lot bigger than the default value 1s, because it takes more time to fetch the data... I put 60 sec.

But now.. Ok, the plugin is working well, but it is not possible to use it as weatherprovider in fibaro configuration... then I have no clue how to trigger something when it's too windy or it's raining.

y.

On 8/29/2018 at 10:14 AM, ygi said:

Hi, I have just configure my weatherlink IP plugin.. and it works well.

be sure that the port is 22222 and the polling interval is a a lot bigger than the default value 1s, because it takes more time to fetch the data... I put 60 sec.

But now.. Ok, the plugin is working well, but it is not possible to use it as weatherprovider in fibaro configuration... then I have no clue how to trigger something when it's too windy or it's raining.

y.

Hi,   I'm looking at getting the Vantage Pro 2 too, did you ever find a way to get a bit more integration with Fibaro?  E.g trigger something when it's raining? 

Also interested to know if the Fibaro plugin works reliably if you have WeatherLink uploading to the Davis cloud?  I read on another thread it only allows one IP to connect to it?

Hi,

No.. nothing.. i can only read what the plugins shows... nobody answered, then i have no way to trigger from any event :) but i am still interested in, if you find a way.

concerning weatherlink uploading onto the cloud.. it seems to be done, even if my local weatherlink application is not running... but i have no clue about single IP restriction. sorry

yves

Hello Davis Vantage weather station users!

I have checked 

and found all API information I need to make integration with Home Center 2. The only thing I'm missing is weather station itself so I can make code and test it.

There is solution for that. I just need one of you to provide device ID, owner password and API token.

But be patient and don't send credentials now. I still have to modify Weather State and Forecast VD and to make integration for 

weather station since I promised that first.

Just monitor this thread and I will let you know when I'm ready to do it. :-) 

Hello,

the project sounds very good! I also have a Vantage Pro 2 and would like to use my weather data to control it in my HC2.

Is there a rough schedule or has the project been discarded?

Best wishes
Andy
Edited by AndyA

6 hours ago, AndyA said:
the project sounds very good! I also have a Vantage Pro 2 and would like to use my weather data to control it in my HC2.
Is there a rough schedule or has the project been discarded?

Best wishes
Andy

Hi @AndyA ,

I'm still waiting for some user to give me remote access to his Davis Vantage so I can write and test code. Do you have such weather station?

Edited by Sankotronic

Hi Sankotronic,

yes i have a vantage pro 2. what kind of access do you need? local to the weather station or the Weatherlink.com access where the data is uploaded?

greetings Andy