Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Which motion sensor

rasiam

Question

Now that I got the VSL scene up and running, I' ready to invest in motion sensors for each room in the house. But before I buy 15 motion sensor I want to be sure that I buy the best one :)

Is there anybody out there that can guide me between Aeon MultiSensor 6 or Fibaro FGMS 001 Motion sensor?

Thanks. 

6 answers to this question

Sure, I have both of them. Here are some pro's and con's that may help you decide

Fibaro FGMS-001

PROS:

• Good battery life (Approx. 2 years with recommended settings)
  • Best possible integration in HC2 as it is from the same manufacturer.

CONS:

• Only battery powered operation.

Aeon MultiSensor 6

PROS:

• Can be powered with external power supply through USB connector.
  • Extra sensors compared to Fibaro (Humidity and UV)
  • Ceiling mounting kit available for flush mounting

CONS:

• Extremely poor battery life (Only a couple of months with 2 batteries)

• Inquirer
  • Thanks, what about range and the values for lux and humidity (i know Fibaro does not have that)

@rasmusaabo,

I have 10 pieces Fibaro motion sensors of which only one make some trouble with ghost motion breaches. Others working like a charm. I try Aeon MS5 and since Fibaro didn't make template is pain in the a.s. Measurements are not precise and are off the chart. Now I'm waiting for Aeon MS6 to test. As @gjnijenhuis mentioned, MS6 advantage is that has built in humidity sensor. But that is the only advantage I can tell.

BTW battery operated sensors for me are big advantage since they are operational even during power failure. Besides no need for cable pulling. So sensors that are powered with USB are in advantage only if that power is from UPS.

Regarding range I can't tell you much because I didn't have chance yet to compare Fibaro with other products. MS5 motion sensor never worked. But I can say that my Fibaro sensors do their job with VSL very good.

Will have more info when I receive Aeon MS6.

I have few FIBARO "eyes" and I have to say they are working great. Long life battery, and good reaction for movement.

Beside Fibaro ones I have few Eversprings and Aeon Labs 4in1.

Eversprings in general do their job, but the battery life is poor and they are only PIR sensors.

Aeon 4in1 are a little tricky. It happens ocassionaly that they are frozen and have to be hard reconfigured. I use some of them battery operated and some with power of 5 VDC power supply via USB.

Also sometimes after battery repalcement thay have to be warm or hard reset.

The advantage of 4in1 is that they have humidity sensor and I use them mostly for scenes to activate bathroom fan or to switch on the lights if there is a movement.

My conclusion is that if I make the alarm system based on Fibaro I would use only Fibaro "eyes" as the sensors related to alarm system. Other sensors may be used for less crucial applications.

• Inquirer
  • Thanks All. 

It sounds like the best bet is the Fibaro sensor, but I do like the celling mount for the Aeon.

I think I will wait for your review @Sankotronic of the Aeon, so I hope that you will share your verdict :)

1 hour ago, rasmusaabo said:

Thanks All. 

It sounds like the best bet is the Fibaro sensor, but I do like the celling mount for the Aeon.

I think I will wait for your review @Sankotronic of the Aeon, so I hope that you will share your verdict :)

@rasmusaabo I will definitely share my experience with Aeon MS6 as soon as it arrives.