Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Kitchen dimmer 2 reports 0.6w when off. Lounge dimmer 2 reports 0w?

cjard

Question

My kitchen and lounge dimmer 2 modules report different electricity consumption when off. The number and type of bulbs hey run is the same.. what could be the difference in consumed power reporting?

4 answers to this question

Long shot: 2-wire plus bypass versus 2-wire and no bypass? Or 3-wire? There's also a parameter to add own power consumption.

Guest FredrikKarlsson
1 hour ago, cjard said:

My kitchen and lounge dimmer 2 modules report different electricity consumption when off. The number and type of bulbs hey run is the same.. what could be the difference in consumed power reporting?

Most likely you have set parameter 54 on the dimmer to include the consumption of the dimmer in the first case and not in the second case.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

1 minute ago, FredrikKarlsson said:

Most likely you have set parameter 54 on the dimmer to include the consumption of the dimmer in the first case and not in the second case.

Ha, we were posting at the same time! Yes, that's the parameter that I was referring to.

It's also conceivable, that the dimmer is not off, but set to a very low dimming level (between 1 and 10). This happened long time ago with a halogen lamp. Someone dimmed it down, so it glowed only very faintly. To avoid that problem, I'v increased parameter 1 to 10. So now if you dim down, the light is still visible.

1. Minimum brightness level (parameter is set automatically during
the calibration process)
The parameter can be changed manually after the calibration. Available settings: 1-98 - percentage level of brightness Default setting: 1
Parameter size: 1 [byte]