Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro FGS-213 relay stick 5000w

MDC

Hello,

After I read on this forum seems some Fibaro module really got stick on some led driver and other device that has electronic inside other than resistive loads.  I not find any information that show if this happen to old models of modules only or also happen to new models.

Since new Fibaro FGS-213 module can handle only 8A ~ 230v = 1840w and only resistive loads, and I plan to use module in a DIN rail enclosure and power a contactor 16A to power in this way my electric oven that has 2500w, and other device that need more than 4500-5000w.

I connect my oven direct to Fibaro module and I've got overcurrent notification each time.

Anybody use Fibaro modules to increse power whit a contractor 16A or 20A with 220v coil? This will damage Fibaro module really? 

I found other solution to use Fibaro FGS-213 with solid state relay, but in this case are some problems: 

1. Heat (SSR relay at 20A become hot) and in a DIN rail enclosure....is not ok. Imagine you have 10 circuits.
  2. LED lamps glowing when off or even flick (is a fix by adding a normal light bulb in parallel of leds)

Please login or register to see this attachment.

I'm one of the topic starters on that "sticking issue". Just use another electro-mechanical (din) rail relay (or contactor) between the module and the load. The FGS-2x3 module drives a 230 V coil, but not a 12 or 24 coil! You won't be able to use energy monitoring. As you found out, the FGS is not rated for your load and a solid state relay is not ideal. To get rid of the heat, the SSR would need a really big heatsink, making it at least as big as a contactor. But it would be silent. Note that you have to derate an SSR for non-resistive loads, if I really wanted one, I'd go with 40A. Wait, the coil of your contactor also produces some heat, it's in the data sheet! I cannot give you a reference to such a big relay, the largest ones in my collection are 20 A, for PCB mount. They are about the size of a fibaro module, so expect something big for 40 - 60 A. If you want help with a data sheet, post it and I'll have a look. Does this help?