Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Multi Channel Devices

AndyAA

Question

Dear all,

I installed a new smoke sensor, flood sensor, with my Starter Kit. Both of them have multiple channels (temperature, smoke, ...). So if I want to assign a smoke sensor to a room, I always have to assign the smoke sensor, the alarm with the temperature icon (no idea what this is), and the temperature sensor.

Is this correct? As the sensor is 1 device, what sense does it make to assign it to a room each, instead of just assigning the "device" itself?

And another question - is it possible to set up something like a "Catch All" Alarm, so I can configure a magic scene / setting whenever any alarm happens (battery low, window open, motion detected, smoke, ...) to collect everything and react on it?

Regards,

Andy

Please login or register to see this attachment.

4 answers to this question

Guest FredrikKarlsson

This is just a the standard way of setting devices up. It does not make much sense for a contained device lite a smoke alarm, I know, but consider the Fibaro door sensor for example. It can have a temperature sensor on a cable connected to it, and that temperature sensor may not be getting temperature readings from the same rooms as where the door sensor is located. There are other use cases too, like relocation of power consomption or temperature readings to a different room, if your wiring is odd. Anyway, I agree that in most cases it would be safe to assume that they all go in the same room, and this is what the phone app does I believe when including a device.

Sure you can make catch all scenes. Just set up all alarms as triggers for the scene (with OR in between them in block scenes) and set your action.

• Inquirer
  • Hey, thanks a lot. In this case - totally agree then this makes sense. But an option on the Master device container like "use room for all channels/slaves" would make configuration faster.

Regarding the Catch All - that's true, but to react on a Battery Low - there is no scene trigger? I only see it in the Magic Scene...

• Inquirer
  • Just another question to the Multi Channels... Is anywhere documented which channel makes what? A door/window sensor for example, equipped with a DS18B20 Temperature Sensor has 4 channels:

1) Door/Window

2) Motion

3) Temperature

4) Heat Alarm? (

Please login or register to see this link.

)

1 is clear, open/close the door/window

2 it's not really a motion sensor, right? It's just the case to use the door open/close in the Scenes like a motion detector?

3 is clear, measure temperatuer

4 is not really clear, what is/can this be used for? Or is it just to create an alarm based on thresholds?

13 hours ago, AndyAA said:

Just another question to the Multi Channels... Is anywhere documented which channel makes what? A door/window sensor for example, equipped with a DS18B20 Temperature Sensor has 4 channels:

1) Door/Window

2) Motion

3) Temperature

4) Heat Alarm? (

Please login or register to see this link.

)

1 is clear, open/close the door/window

2 it's not really a motion sensor, right? It's just the case to use the door open/close in the Scenes like a motion detector?

3 is clear, measure temperatuer

4 is not really clear, what is/can this be used for? Or is it just to create an alarm based on thresholds?

1 & 3 are ok

2 never seen before

4 should be an automatic alarm at a certain temperature (threshold for fire in the room)