Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Unable to connect to Carrier Cor Thermostat

metal121

Question

So, I went and bought a Carrier Cor wifi thermostat for $350 because the HC2 has a plug-in for Carrier Furnace thermostats.  I have the new thermostat up and running and I am now trying to get my HC2 to connect to it. In my HC2,

1. I have the Carrier Furnace plug-in installed

2. In the Carrier plug-in, under "advanced", then "network configuration", then "IP address", I hit search.

3. The plug-in can't find the ip address for the thermostat and says nothing is found

3.  I have tried to input the IP address myself into the "IP Address" box  and it still says it can't find the thermostat

The thermostat is working normally, has an IP address and a MAC address, no problems with it.

Any one have any idea how to get this to work or did I just waste $350 dollars???

Thanks!

2 answers to this question

On 31.03.2017 at 6:44 AM, metal121 said:

1. I have the Carrier Furnace plug-in installed

2. In the Carrier plug-in, under "advanced", then "network configuration", then "IP address", I hit search.

3. The plug-in can't find the ip address for the thermostat and says nothing is found

3.  I have tried to input the IP address myself into the "IP Address" box  and it still says it can't find the thermostat

The thermostat is working normally, has an IP address and a MAC address, no problems with it.

Hello,

So the device works via your local WiFi properly? Can you check with Fing app if the device is indeed available in your local network?

Is it possible for you to reserve IP address on your router for the device and then manually add the device to our system?

Hi,

I have the same issue, I cannot find my Carrier air conditioner using the Carrier Furnace. Were you able to solve the issue?

Thank you,

Alex F.