Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro Dimmer 2 without load - problem after power failure

Heiggi

Question

Hi. 

Im trying to use the Fibaro Dimmer 2 without a load behind a wall switch to control another dimmer 2 in my cabinet. I've done this numerous times with Dimmer 1 that does not have the auto calibration at startup with no problems at all.

I've found out that to get the dimmer 2 to act as a scene controller or linking it to another dimmer 2 I must connect a load to allow it to auto calibrate for the first time it starts, and I can live with that (although it's a strange requirement) 

However, even after disabling all the auto calibration and burnt out bulb parameters I can find I still can't get the Dimmer 2 to work after a power failure without connecting a load for 1 second and then I can disconnect it again. The Dimmer does not go through the calibration at startup any more but it simply won't work until i connect a load.

Is there a parameter I'm missing or is this a fault in the design of the Dimmer 2 that renders it useless as a controlling device with no load connected ?

Best

Heiggi

3 answers to this question

@Heiggi 

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Cant you just use a switch 2, roller shutter or relay to do this with association

Edited by Jamie mccrostie

You can connect bypass 2 only to the output and calibration should be ok. 

• Inquirer
  • I probably could use a relay, roller or the old dimmer 1 through association but I have 20 pcs of Dimmer 2 that I ordered for this and need to return overseas if this does not work.

Regarding the bypass 2 , then I know that works but the space in the wall boxes in my country(Iceland) is very very tight so with the switch+dimmer already crowded....

Just think its strange that there is no parameter ,or programming through the B button, that tells the Dimmer 2 to work without a load...

I