Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Aeotec Wallmote experience ??

AutoFrank

Question

Hi,

Has anybody used a Aeotec wallmote with a HC2 ?

I'm looking for feedback on usability and integration

Please login or register to see this link.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Thanks

_f

@robd

1 hour ago, robd said:

Yeah, one should not drop the wallmote on the concrete floor. They don't survive that.

Well surprisingly, You should refrain from hitting it with a hammer too ;) Battery charge span was pretty ok for day to day switching struggle ~ 3 months. Ordered Fibaro button on Friday, but I'm prepared for little deja vu. Also appreciated rechargeability of wallmote.

@robd  If you have firmware 2.3 then you have the new (V2) hardware, which seems to work well. The original hardware, which had various problems, will have 1.x firmware.

Edited by Timbo

On 3/23/2019 at 5:31 PM, robd said:

If you use scene activation you have the 4 buttons with the actions Pressed, Hold and Released which makes it easy to switch on/off en dim up/down a lightsource or whatever other device. In my system the wallmote controles the Fibaro 230V and 12V dimmers.

but also controlling it directly from the HC2 is only a few moments work.

I did not try direct association with devices

and the sliding..., well on a quarter of a tile, sliding can never be accurate so I solved this by using Hold = StartLevelIncrease and Release = stopLevelChange

but I bet sliding will work on the normal WallMote

I anyone is interested in the LUA code, send me a PM and I post the code here.

BTW the code is nearly the same as I posted for the Zwave.me WallC-S units.

@Edward Trapp I you want to get rid of your wallmotes, I am the sucker:-P who takes them off your hands;D

Cherio

Hi,

I have 2 on/off lights and 2 dimmable lights. Do you see any well-functioning way to control this with the Wallmote? I haven't been able to get access to the swiping functionality from the HC2.

Rune

Edited by RuneW

Hey @RuneW , afaik swiping funtionallity was controllable with 4th parameter if I recall correctly. You'll find it in Your manual. Unfortunatelly about year ago noone succesfully used it with HC2. But maybe that was one of the issues with hardware V1. So - hopefully You will have more luck with that. And If You do please give a hint how to do it :)

On 3/23/2019 at 9:31 PM, robd said:

and the sliding..., well on a quarter of a tile, sliding can never be accurate so I solved this by using Hold = StartLevelIncrease and Release = stopLevelChange

but I bet sliding will work on the normal WallMote

I anyone is interested in the LUA code, send me a PM and I post the code here.

Dear @robd, I'm very intersting in your lua code. Could you please, post the codee here.