Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Poor coverage also with mesh

rammx

I try to coverage a medium area but the relay and other zwave device don't have good coverage also with mesh network.

I installed HC2 with HCL (master & slave) on many places on house but don't work properly, I think we need a better antenna.

If I colocated the slave on one side of the house some device don't work also a few meter.

The house was built with blocks (20 cms) with rock decoration the wall in some places, tempered glass, and steel girders.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

If those are all the devices in the network then there is no mesh network. The sensors do not act as repeaters, only the relay from the picture will act as a repeater.  You will need to add other mains powered z wave devices to actually have a mesh, 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Topic Author
  • Many relay was installed to try to have better zwave network, why are to poor the zwave signal ?

One more thing if I have a electrical problem with some relay almost all the network will down... too bad!